Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Bad ass 3.0
By Jeff P

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in May of 2015 with 55,000 miles for only $12,500 ( I now have 62,000 on the odometer). I cannot wait to drive each and every day and wow does the 3.0 automatic ever haul ass. The torque curve is steady throughout the entire ride from 0-100++. No lag, just ferocious power. My only complaint is the amber light cluster for exterior temp and mpg is partially burned out. Also, it's very hard to see objects in the rear view mirror due to some peculiar bmw dimming system. Other than that, drop the top and boogie!

Great Car
By Bob

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Sexy little 2 seater Fun to drive
By BG

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Look for a well cared for car. These cars beg for you to push them. One that is taken care of will give you years of enjoyment.
The car has the look that many will envy. its fun to drive and if you get a premium equipt model you will not be disappointed. Enough said.

2003 Z4 3.0 manual Long-term driver
By Don Avirett

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven this car on the highway at 80 mph for 1 hr each way to work for the last 4 years. I bought it with 107k miles and it now has 224 k miles and runs like new and looks almost new. The only things I have done to it besides tires and brake pads is an AC compressor, a starter, front end stabilizer bar, front left wheel bearings, valve cover gasket repair, and a radio; all normal maintenance stuff. I never take it to a BMW dealer for repair. Almost any regular mechanic can work on it and they do not charge high prices. If you get your parts through a regular parts store, they are not expensive. Also, I had rear main seal leak that I fixed with Lucas stop leak. I do not like the electronic power steering; it's a little different, but I've gotten used to it. The car has a lot of get up and go but it could use a little more power to demoralize Texas turbo diesel pickups.

I drive the car through hailstorms, snowstorms, and windstorms of the Texas Panhandle, and it performs amazingly well. It gets about 27 mpg on the highway.

Get out while you can
By mike229

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Those
who owned the car and sold it are fortunate. Bought mine in 08 with 99K miles but dealer maintained. It was a fair weather driver and what a mistake. The car now has 104K miles and I've spent some $15K in repairs. Things like water pump, oil pump, alternator, motor mounts, numerous sensors and of course the top. I've replaced the hydraulic pump twice and the side pistons once. I've spent some $5000 just on the hydraulics. It seems the car is notorious for having leaks in the vaccum hose system. The cup holders never worked, and I just let that pass.
It's almost as though I can expect a $500 repair each time I drive it. Not what I bargained for.

I like the body style but after what I have invested there is not much else.

The car is 10 years old and BMW has moved on to the hardtop convertibles. There is nothing to suggest for these E85s.