2008 BMW Z4 M Consumer Review: Exotic Car at half the price

2008 BMW Z4 M - Consumer Review

Exotic Car at half the price
By beemerhead on

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have taken this car on several road trips, the longest to Vegas and I have autocrossed it once, too. The car handles amazingly well and stuck corners I didn't think I could do. It is fine on a track which is why I bought it but it is civilized enough for daily use, too. Most people think the car costs over $100k. In Vegas they parked my car out front with the Maseratis and Astons because of its looks. People point at you as you drive around and kids holler (good) things at you at the theater. I love the sculpture like looks and the fact not a single other car on the road is even vaguely similar.

I would give the looks an 11 if I could. The trunk is outstanding with the coupe considering you have a 2-seat roadster. There is also a Simonize coating you can buy at the dealer which puts the best shine on the car I've ever seen and supposedly protects it. I have yet to wax it.

The rear window is narrow. It's only good for close up views. You have to use the side mirrors. Pop-out drink holders are flimsy. I've had mine fixed already. Speakers rattle on talk radio voice frequencies. Idiotic gas guzzler tax on a 26mpg hwy car.