Used 2008 BMW Z4 M Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

Outrageous Car
By Beau

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car in April 08 and have been totally impressed ever since I took delivery in July 08. I have always been a Porsche guy, but this thing actually gets more looks and compliments that the GT3 that I have the fortune to borrow from a friend now and then. Not quite as fast as the GT3, but for half the price I'd say that's okay. It actually is the closest thing I could find to a GT3 for less than $100K. A true street legal race car.

The exclusivity. Only around 1800 in the entire world.

They could have made the interior a little nicer, but given the purpose of this car (driving fast) it really did not require anything more.

First one in Alaska
By niall86

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

So I have the first BMW Z4 M coupe sold in Alaska, bought it in September, now there is only one other one up here. I have had it for about 5 months and still love driving it everyday even in the winter. People are always looking at it and telling me how cool it is. Just got the windows tinted. That's the only thing I would ever need to do to this car. Amazing machine.

How fast it goes. Drove from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Had it to its governor of 155 mph. Man that was crazy!

Maybe a better sub woofer but nothing after market speakers can do, oh and why didn't it come with homelink, now I have to buy a new rear view mirror.

Perfect sportscar
By zippydoo

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I tried several competitors (new M3, IS-F, RS4, C63) but the 1st time I sat and drove this car I knew it was what I wanted - a pure driver's car that has some semblance of practicality too. Not full of driver aids that detract from the driving experience. The looks are stunning and it gets endless complements from everyone. Just fun to drive, even when noodling around town. Sure to be a classic, in terms of design/performance - a little hot rod.

Fun-to-drive factor, performance, semblance of practicality, looks, uniqueness.

Long nose takes some getting used to when navigating parking curbs!

Stunning sports coupe w/ great handling
By David G.

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It really is my favorite car that I have driven and the best handling BMW bar none. After 5 bimmers, I can say this is the ultimate 2-seater sports car for the M driver. After 4 months, I still get a thrill just commuting to work and back home. And I still get lots of complements from co-workers and wide- eyed looks from fellow drivers. The dark red leather sport seats are the best in any German car for sale today.

Handling, singular design, rarity

V-8 in next Z-series M coupe

Exotic Car at half the price
By beemerhead

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have taken this car on several road trips, the longest to Vegas and I have autocrossed it once, too. The car handles amazingly well and stuck corners I didn't think I could do. It is fine on a track which is why I bought it but it is civilized enough for daily use, too. Most people think the car costs over $100k. In Vegas they parked my car out front with the Maseratis and Astons because of its looks. People point at you as you drive around and kids holler (good) things at you at the theater. I love the sculpture like looks and the fact not a single other car on the road is even vaguely similar.

I would give the looks an 11 if I could. The trunk is outstanding with the coupe considering you have a 2-seat roadster. There is also a Simonize coating you can buy at the dealer which puts the best shine on the car I've ever seen and supposedly protects it. I have yet to wax it.

The rear window is narrow. It's only good for close up views. You have to use the side mirrors. Pop-out drink holders are flimsy. I've had mine fixed already. Speakers rattle on talk radio voice frequencies. Idiotic gas guzzler tax on a 26mpg hwy car.