2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (6 reviews )
Outrageous Car
By Beau on 08/30/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car in April 08 and have been totally impressed ever since I took delivery in July 08. I have always been a Porsche guy, but this thing actually gets more looks and compliments that the GT3 that I have the fortune to borrow from a friend now and then. Not quite as fast as the GT3, but for half the price I'd say that's okay. It actually is the closest thing I could find to a GT3 for less than $100K. A true street legal race car.

First one in Alaska
By niall86 on 01/19/09 16:04 PM (PST)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

So I have the first BMW Z4 M coupe sold in Alaska, bought it in September, now there is only one other one up here. I have had it for about 5 months and still love driving it everyday even in the winter. People are always looking at it and telling me how cool it is. Just got the windows tinted. That's the only thing I would ever need to do to this car. Amazing machine.

Perfect sportscar
By zippydoo on 08/24/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I tried several competitors (new M3, IS-F, RS4, C63) but the 1st time I sat and drove this car I knew it was what I wanted - a pure driver's car that has some semblance of practicality too. Not full of driver aids that detract from the driving experience. The looks are stunning and it gets endless complements from everyone. Just fun to drive, even when noodling around town. Sure to be a classic, in terms of design/performance - a little hot rod.

Stunning sports coupe w/ great handling
By David G. on 07/17/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It really is my favorite car that I have driven and the best handling BMW bar none. After 5 bimmers, I can say this is the ultimate 2-seater sports car for the M driver. After 4 months, I still get a thrill just commuting to work and back home. And I still get lots of complements from co-workers and wide- eyed looks from fellow drivers. The dark red leather sport seats are the best in any German car for sale today.

Exotic Car at half the price
By beemerhead on 06/07/08 00:15 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have taken this car on several road trips, the longest to Vegas and I have autocrossed it once, too. The car handles amazingly well and stuck corners I didn't think I could do. It is fine on a track which is why I bought it but it is civilized enough for daily use, too. Most people think the car costs over $100k. In Vegas they parked my car out front with the Maseratis and Astons because of its looks. People point at you as you drive around and kids holler (good) things at you at the theater. I love the sculpture like looks and the fact not a single other car on the road is even vaguely similar.

Pure power sports car -- Fantastic buy
By JD on 05/13/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A pure sports car -- everything you need, nothing more. Feels like 400hp strapped to your chair with phenomenal handling. Love the car. There are times I wish it had the iDrive and with it the front/rear parking sensors -- long nose and difficulty sighting corners make me fearful at times I nick a curb, etc.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe in VA is:

$150 per month*