2007 BMW Z4 M Consumer Review: Great car for 6' and under.

2007 BMW Z4 M - Consumer Review

Great car for 6' and under. 40K miles 4 yrs old
By boyracer3 on

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased CPO w 10K mi. Can't imagine why anyone would new bmw when CPO program is so great. Have had car for 30+ mos. And all service has been free. Have had a rattle in the pop up Nav. Fixed. Hatch opening problems fixed by replacing Z4 lid bumpers with 3 series spring loaded bumpers. Intermitent pass door lock fussiness. But that's it for problems. Nav system is grossly inferior to Japanese and domestics. Unfortunate. But I like the newer idrive interface a lot better. A blast to drive. Very responsive handles like it's on rails. Cont.

Red black carbon interior never fails to impress. Beefy steering wheel feels fantastic in the hands. Sport mode is incredible. Car handles better than my wife's last carerra. I like the warm up tach redline indcator function. Might have saved me an engine in the aforementioned 911. It's a really fun car to drive. It has been very dependable. I was expecting it to be glitchy. But I guess this particular BMW is very Spartan in terms of gadgetry.

M seats are too narrow for bigger people. It's the only BMW I've ever been in that I couldn't get the seat back far enough in. I'm 6'-2", 210 Lbs. Luckilly it is my wife's car. She's 5'-9" and loves the cars dimensions. Nav system is horrible. Input info w stereo knob turns. Displayed route is white on slightly darker gray background (red,cyan, maybe?). Menu layout is counterintuitive and awkward. Really don't like the infotainment system but I know that the 09 idrives are much better. Kudows BMW. Back of seats get hot. Why? Our backs don't sweat in any other cars.