2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
Great car for 6' and under. 40K miles 4 yrs old
By boyracer3 on 01/09/11 06:03 AM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased CPO w 10K mi. Can't imagine why anyone would new bmw when CPO program is so great. Have had car for 30+ mos. And all service has been free. Have had a rattle in the pop up Nav. Fixed. Hatch opening problems fixed by replacing Z4 lid bumpers with 3 series spring loaded bumpers. Intermitent pass door lock fussiness. But that's it for problems. Nav system is grossly inferior to Japanese and domestics. Unfortunate. But I like the newer idrive interface a lot better. A blast to drive. Very responsive handles like it's on rails. Cont.

High Performing Car for Niche Drivers
By jon on 07/05/10 06:37 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I knew that I wanted a high performing car before I ultimately decided on the Z4 M coupe. On my list was the Lotus Elise, Honda S2000, and the Z4 coupe. These are all great cars though each has something unique that sets it apart from the rest. The Elise is raw for the purest, the S2000 a great value and compromise between the rawness of the Elise and the luxury of the M coupe. The M coupe has all the creature comforts, but also has the thrill of a high performance track car. Additionally the M coupe has a uniqueness - only 1815 built. If you are looking for a uniquely designed sporty car that performs, and begs to be driven through windy roads, this may be your car.

The Last True M Car?
By epbrown on 03/22/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Possibly my favorite car ever. Driving the Z4M provides a fun, visceral experience I just didn't get from the Cayman S I test drove. The car is more challenging to the driver than the Porsche, but all the best sports car elements are there - the brakes and steering from the CSL, a firm suspension, the revvy S54 engine and a LSD, wrapped in a taut sculpted package that I think is the most successful of the flame-surfaced cars of the Bangle regime. This is a BMW M without the compromises required to genuflect at the alter of practicality required of the other M cars. I also like that you don't see the Z4 M Coupe everywhere - in over a year of ownership, I've seen only two others on the road.

2007 M Coupe
By fasttoys on 09/28/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great, fun to drive. Very rare, won't see many on the road. The last true BMW M car with a hand built high rev inline 6. 2008 is the last year of the M coupe most likely never to be built again all z4 going forward will have conv hard top no fixed roof.

Unique
By Beemerhead on 03/26/08 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Z4 series car and second Z4M. In black with the sculpted curves it really stands out. You will not be confused for anything else on the road. I got the coupe so I could do more track events with the car clubs. The car handles extremely well, has great space for a roadster and the sound is wonderful. I like driving around in the lower gears just to keep the rpms up where the sound and performance are great. People will stare and give you a thumbs up. Several thought it was a $100k car. You just feel GREAT when you're driving and you'll find any excuse to go anywhere for any reason. This is a "Life is good" car for me.

Very competent machine
By jmillet on 10/17/07 00:37 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a high strung, feisty Zed 3 M Coupe for five years the transition to the Zed 4 M Coupe borders on boring. The car does everything you ask it to do in a very uneventful manner. I've done four driving school events with the car and it performed flawlessly. Install high temperature competition brake pads, mount R-compound tires, turn off the DSC and you have a thoroughbred stallion ready to go fast and take any turn you can throw at it. This one is definitely a keeper. BMW has raised the bar very high with the S54 powered Zed 4 M Coupe.

Know what you are getting into
By joe on 10/06/07 17:17 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sold my 06 330i with the knowledge that the M coupe I was about to purchase was very far removed from the 330i in both comfort and performance. The car is a rocket, but you feel every bump on the road. Also, the "premium" sound system in the M is sub-standard at best. Again, know what you are getting into before you buy. If you are willing to sacrafice comfort for performance, then this is the car for you. It was for me.

Makes the Cayman look like a Kia
By Adam on 09/29/07 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I always used to look at this car and think the styling is too weird and quirky. I then went on the site to look at the 5-Series and I saw the hatchback Z4. I then went to the dealer to check it out, I tested the Z4 coupe and the M coupe. I walked out with the M I tested. The styling is so unique that you will always get noticed, I got it in the brown colour and I will never regret it. It really brings out the curves of the car. I tested the Cayman also and it was going to cost $10000 more for not even the S! This really shows how good a designer Chris Bangle was. Get the nav with iDrive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.