Used 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Great car for 6' and under. 40K miles 4 yrs old
By boyracer3

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased CPO w 10K mi. Can't imagine why anyone would new bmw when CPO program is so great. Have had car for 30+ mos. And all service has been free. Have had a rattle in the pop up Nav. Fixed. Hatch opening problems fixed by replacing Z4 lid bumpers with 3 series spring loaded bumpers. Intermitent pass door lock fussiness. But that's it for problems. Nav system is grossly inferior to Japanese and domestics. Unfortunate. But I like the newer idrive interface a lot better. A blast to drive. Very responsive handles like it's on rails. Cont.

Red black carbon interior never fails to impress. Beefy steering wheel feels fantastic in the hands. Sport mode is incredible. Car handles better than my wife's last carerra. I like the warm up tach redline indcator function. Might have saved me an engine in the aforementioned 911. It's a really fun car to drive. It has been very dependable. I was expecting it to be glitchy. But I guess this particular BMW is very Spartan in terms of gadgetry.

M seats are too narrow for bigger people. It's the only BMW I've ever been in that I couldn't get the seat back far enough in. I'm 6'-2", 210 Lbs. Luckilly it is my wife's car. She's 5'-9" and loves the cars dimensions. Nav system is horrible. Input info w stereo knob turns. Displayed route is white on slightly darker gray background (red,cyan, maybe?). Menu layout is counterintuitive and awkward. Really don't like the infotainment system but I know that the 09 idrives are much better. Kudows BMW. Back of seats get hot. Why? Our backs don't sweat in any other cars.

High Performing Car for Niche Drivers
By jon

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I knew that I wanted a high performing car before I ultimately decided on the Z4 M coupe. On my list was the Lotus Elise, Honda S2000, and the Z4 coupe. These are all great cars though each has something unique that sets it apart from the rest. The Elise is raw for the purest, the S2000 a great value and compromise between the rawness of the Elise and the luxury of the M coupe. The M coupe has all the creature comforts, but also has the thrill of a high performance track car. Additionally the M coupe has a uniqueness - only 1815 built. If you are looking for a uniquely designed sporty car that performs, and begs to be driven through windy roads, this may be your car.

Unique styling, 330hp (surprised it had individual throttle bodies!), Bluetooth phone package, sport button

There is a valve that restricts the operation of the clutch CDV (clutch delay valve). Many people have issue with this, and I'm currently debating whether or not to remove this. Other that that nothing so far ;)

The Last True M Car?
By epbrown

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Possibly my favorite car ever. Driving the Z4M provides a fun, visceral experience I just didn't get from the Cayman S I test drove. The car is more challenging to the driver than the Porsche, but all the best sports car elements are there - the brakes and steering from the CSL, a firm suspension, the revvy S54 engine and a LSD, wrapped in a taut sculpted package that I think is the most successful of the flame-surfaced cars of the Bangle regime. This is a BMW M without the compromises required to genuflect at the alter of practicality required of the other M cars. I also like that you don't see the Z4 M Coupe everywhere - in over a year of ownership, I've seen only two others on the road.

The Z4MC looks like an exotic that cost twice the money, outside with its creased lines and curves as well as inside with its neo-minimalist interior. I love BMW inline-6 cylinder engines and the M Coupe looks to be the last normally-aspirated high- performance inline-6 we'll see from the company.

As others have mentioned, the tires don't suit the car's performance - magazine reviews might have been more favorable with Michelin PS2s on the car. Yes, the Continentals were fine for the E46 M3, but the Z4M isn't a sports sedan, but a full-blown sports car; BMW should have gone to the next level.

2007 M Coupe
By fasttoys

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great, fun to drive. Very rare, won't see many on the road. The last true BMW M car with a hand built high rev inline 6. 2008 is the last year of the M coupe most likely never to be built again all z4 going forward will have conv hard top no fixed roof.

High rev engine, THX radio, very rare

Better nav system, better exhaust note, better looking wheels other than that its perfect

Unique
By Beemerhead

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Z4 series car and second Z4M. In black with the sculpted curves it really stands out. You will not be confused for anything else on the road. I got the coupe so I could do more track events with the car clubs. The car handles extremely well, has great space for a roadster and the sound is wonderful. I like driving around in the lower gears just to keep the rpms up where the sound and performance are great. People will stare and give you a thumbs up. Several thought it was a $100k car. You just feel GREAT when you're driving and you'll find any excuse to go anywhere for any reason. This is a "Life is good" car for me.

Sculpted contours that make the car look unique and tell you that this car means business on the street. Sounds great at the higher rpms, too.

Cupholders are flimsy and I'd replace the Continentals with a better performance tire. They're good touring tires but not the best for hanging the corners.