Used 2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

Upgrading from Z4 to M roadster
By Dennis Cunningham

2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a new Z4 3.0 in 2005. Really liked it but really wanted more power through the shifts. Found a 2007 M roadster at a dealer with only 9000 miles on the clock. Dealer let me have a 50 mile test drive through the hills and twisties... OMG! That's the way to sell a car! This is the car I have been looking for! Power, handling, looks, all there in spades. Here is a surprise! Just drove it to Idaho up lonely hwy. 93 through Nevada. Round trip of 1600 miles and ran steady 75 to 90 mph. Averaged 25 miles per gallon. Didn't buy it for fuel economy, but was not expecting this! One diss... Why does the nav pop up every time you change the radio station?

Power & handling and the feel of the cockpit.

Nav. system could be more intuitive, takes some practice and a lot of remembering what to to next.

Is it possible to have more fun?
By Rippem

2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I can not speak highly enough about this car. Although it is still in the break-in period the performance is amazing. Handling is brilliant as well. This car loves to be driven hard. I really find the sport mode amusing, the level of throttle response and immediacy to respond to acceleration is similar to a Dinan chipped car. The car can also be driven easy especially below the 3500 RPM mark. The looks may not be to everyones taste but I like it.

Engine manual trans sports seats / steering premium radio.

The blind spots are pretty bad, extra caution must be taken when changing lanes. However as I'm usually moving at a quicker pace than the traffic around me it presents little trouble.

The best roadster out there
By Chrisloef

2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sought out to purchase a roadster style car this June and must have tested everything under the sun. I wanted to stay $60k and under which actually didn't leave me with many comparable options. My favorite cars ended up being the Corvette, M Roadster, and 350Z Roadster. Once you sit in an M roadster, you will notice the marked difference in quality. The M has it all, style, quality, and great feel.

The engine will put you through the seat. The handling allowed me to keep pace with faster cars through the hills nearby. It feels well made, everything works together, easily converts into a daily driver. Open air, it's a convertible!

Convert the supercharger from the M3 to fit this car ASAP. Can never go wrong with more power.

Now this is a real sports car !
By tp3

2007 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After selling my 06 Corvette, I went ahead and factory ordered the M Roadster because I have read many good reviews. I am 100% satisfied with the car. The throttle response is just phenomenal and with a little touch, it just goes. The car handles great and feels very nimble and taut with sharp turn-ins. The engine is as smooth as silk and produces the perfect exhaust note. Sadly my car is still during the break-in period but I can already feel the beast under the hood waiting to get out. I totally love the big, thick steering wheel and the driving inputs one gets from it. In every aspect, this car far exceeds my expectations and IMHO, this is the best roadster in the market right now.

Very cool exterior styling. Powerful and proven engine with a small, yet modern chasis. Interior design geared towards driving enthusiasts. Back to basics design philosophy with a proper manual transmission and hydraulic steering.

None so far. This car is as perfect as it gets :)