2002 BMW Z3 Consumer Review: Total blast!

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Review

Total blast!
By mexibec04 on

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd BMW (325 '96, 528i '99). It's a total blast to drive! I loved the 528i handling (which reviews made the best production sedan ever), but the Z3 must use some technology that flat-out reads my mind. I mean, the handling is just telepathic. I caught myself changing lane in for sure less than 0.1 second at 80 mph (typical on a non-jammed CA highway) by a slight movement of the steering wheel. This car means business. It goes where you want it to go, and DSC keeps the the oversteer in check (the Z3 *will* oversteer when pushed agressively with DSC disabled) It jas the looks, the handling, and the 'cachet', and IMHO, no other roadster (Z4 included) matches its sleek styling.

Favorite Features

Telepathic handling, exterior design, interior comfort (of course harsh, but it's balanced enough to provide a great feel of what the car is doing).

Suggested Improvements

Well, it's discontinued... But I would have liked goodies such as Xenon light (I put Xenon bulbs though), a glass rear window, a smaller, auto-dimming mirror and steering wheel-mounted radio and cruise controls. Well yeah, it's a BMW after all.