2002 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
The Most Fun Roadster Yet
By old geezer on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing! I bought the 2.5 with about every option which brought the price up to 36K, but it was worth every penny. The steptronic automatic transmission is very smooth in normal mode, and acts like a manual when in sport mode. The cornering is great and the ride is very smooth for a smaller car. As you ride the curvy mountain roads, you want to push it to the max. This roadster is more fun to drive than any I have had.

A Bang for your Bucks
By az_hermit on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It is the best sports convertible for your money. I test drove and priced S2000, Boxster, Miata, SLK, MR2, and Spyder. This car rates #1 in my $/ (fun*performance) index. I got a great deal at $25,800; a basic model with no option in classic red/black color scheme. Great performance; good torque at any rpm.

It should be in the sports car category
By gilbert on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Althought, it is luxurious, I would classify it under sports convertible category. In everyday street driving, I think it outperforms Boxsters due to its good low-end torque. It is more fun to drive. I just can't get use to Boxster's hydralic clutch. It's 3 times better than the weak MR2 Spyder or the S2000.

An economical, yet sporty roadster
By tooloose on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought used, I got a great deal on my 2000 2.3 Z3. On sunny days there is nothing like this great performing car, especially on winding 2-lane roads. It accelerates, brakes, and handles like sporting cars twice its price. The interior is very roomy and comfortable, and its ergonomics are second to none. Everyone should have a Z3 in their garage.

Z3 Evaluation
By pevers on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have found the Z3 to be a wonderfully fun car to drive. Don't park it drive it

Still one of the best roadsters
By Rob B. on 03/02/02 22:21 PM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. It corners so flatly that it almost begs you to take it around corners even faster. The straight-six is ultra smooth, and strikes a good balance between low-end power and a willingness to rev. Reliability has been excellent, and build quality is pretty good (BMW's are good, but Japanese cars still have the best fit and finish). I rated gas mileage as average, but I think that's probably because I never let off the gas pedal : )