2002 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Not quite a sports car
By Neil on 09/04/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Z3 runs great and has been very reliable, BUT when the finish peeled off the wheels BMW told me the warranty only covers if the wheels don't go round. The seats move forward and back as I speed up or slow down. I did have an Austin Healy in the 60s and this car does not measure up. The shifter gating is vague, the seats are not comfortable for any distance (I guess that is why I never need to worry about fuel range), the interior fittings are always falling apart. Even the logo washes off of the emblems. When I have to wait SIX WEEKS for a ABS sensor that I cannot drive without I am not happy. I can get parts for My TR8 quicker and that is more fun to drive.

Finally bought one
By NC02Z3 on 03/10/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We finally bought of these retro-looking beauties. The price tag was just too high originally but we found a nice ultra-low mileage model for half the original list. This 3.0 liter steptronic is everything it is said to be. Just excellent performance, especially the handling. It didn't hurt that we bought some new Goodyear F1 all-season tires. The interior is just classic w/everything laid out quite well. The gas mileage is OK, not great, but 225 HP will do that. Comparing this car with a Miata is a joke. No way! Maybe because they are both roadsters I guess. The Z3 is more in the Boxster or Audi TT class. Grab a Z3 before the low mileage ones are all gone! The Z4 changed too much.

Z3 - 2002 3.0L
By AnnieZ3 on 05/17/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the most legal fun you can have! The only complaint I have is about the HORRIBLE Harman-Kardon speakers... I have heard better in a VW Beetle. There is no excuse for BMW to use this poor quality. It is one of those things you understand that you will just HAVE to replace.

Total blast!
By mexibec04 on 03/06/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd BMW (325 '96, 528i '99). It's a total blast to drive! I loved the 528i handling (which reviews made the best production sedan ever), but the Z3 must use some technology that flat-out reads my mind. I mean, the handling is just telepathic. I caught myself changing lane in for sure less than 0.1 second at 80 mph (typical on a non-jammed CA highway) by a slight movement of the steering wheel. This car means business. It goes where you want it to go, and DSC keeps the the oversteer in check (the Z3 *will* oversteer when pushed agressively with DSC disabled) It jas the looks, the handling, and the 'cachet', and IMHO, no other roadster (Z4 included) matches its sleek styling.

RRZ3
By Richmmm on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've loaded mine up with the Dinan upgrades and it runs like a dream

The Austin Healy with Performance Power
By EZRishel on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The M Roadster is definately not a Z3 when it comes to handling and performance. It challenges the Z 8 for king of the true sports cars under 150K. It is the car for those who owned or wished they owned the big Austin Healy of the '60s, but with the difference of greater reliability, better handling, and much greater acceleration and top end. This is the car for twisting roads and long road trips.

SWEEEEET!!!!!!!
By deewaye on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really can't say much bad about the car...I love the looks and the aggressive style. The 3.0 is the way to go. Everyone who is an enthusiast wants the 3.0 over the 2.5 The motor is great, tranny superb, and the handling is out of sight. I have noticed fairly quick wear on the tires. But, I do drive it with authority..If you can find one in good shape get it..The car is gonna be a classic!!!!!

The best!
By Steve-in-Denver on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd bimmer and, even though I loved the other two ('94 325is and '96 325iC), this is the best! This is what I wanted when I bought the 325iC - glad I waited until the Z3 came equipped with the 3.0! What a blast to drive and quite the head turner. I think I will hold on to this one for a while as I am not too impressed with the Z4's styling.

need for speed
By roadstermech on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This cars fulfills the need I used to get filled by driving motorcycles. I love this machine and I never will get tired of its snappy response and sexy looks. Women love this little stud and men can't help but try to keep up no matter what they are driving. I have never seen a car that inspires so many looks and challenges. I love it.

mine
By lady with weels on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

In one word "GREAT"