Used 2002 BMW Z3 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Sweet little car!
By CindyLou

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 19,000 miles [now has 47,000]. Has been great on gas mileage, about 23-24 MPG. It must have highest octane or it coughs alot! Back window seems fragile; scratched despite putting a towel in the fold when I open the top. BIG problem however with the radio code; replaced battery, and radio locked. Got code from BMW dealer; have never been able to reset and get radio/CD to work, despite following all instructions. Also door metal seems fragile; gets tiny dents so easily that I now park far away from other cars. Glove compartment is badly designed; stuff falls down and out when opened, no edge on it. Otherwise good looker with great performance! So fun with top down!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, cozy cockpit. Great acceleration, good gas mileage. Trunk is spacious. Love the warm taupe color with black top.

Suggested Improvements

Wish radio code were easier to re-set; I miss my music and BMW doesn't seem to care much. Floor mat rug slides around under driver's feet, annoying. Back windows are now more rigid and durable I hear.

I love my Z3
By obnixe

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 3 days ago and this is the most fun I have ever had in a car. I am 22 years old and I am having 50 year old guys telling me that I have a nice car. Tell that isn't a good feeling when everybody wants the car you are driving.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats and the side curtain air bags.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space.

Fun to Drive and Attention Grabbing
By rpsloanes

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this roadster new and it has been a thirill to own. Great handing if you can find a curvy, open road. The gearing is very low, even in 5th gear, so there's always plenty of torque without downshifting. Brakes and steering are first class Lots of strangers admire it.

Favorite Features

Handling and styling. My Z3 has the sport package. The sport seats offer great lateral support and are comforable on long trips. The exhaust sound us sweet!

Suggested Improvements

A telescoping steering wheel would make for better driving positions and more enjoyment and comfort.

So far soooo good
By NU2BMW

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After hearing less than steller reviews of BMW reliability - we bought the Z3 with some caution. However, the car has been just great. It is impossible not to have a grin on your face when you're driving. It is just a blast. I short drive in the Z3 can transform a bad day into a vacation.

Favorite Features

The engine and exhaust sound, the handling in tight corners.

Suggested Improvements

We bought an aftermarket armrest, otherwise it has all the creaks of a typical convertible - not necessarily a bad thing.

I Love My New Car
By katti

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Besides the Manual shift, the car is attractive fun to drive and makes me looks very professional and prosperous.