2001 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
The red baron flies again
By Roy Kulland on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this Z3 coupe for nearly 4 months and it just keeps getting better and better. It is like riding a guided missle - scary fast amazing! I honestly don't have the skill yet to get all the handling and speed of which this car is capable. It really draws the looks and questions too - total fun. Its even a bit more fun after I added the Dinan stage 2 cold air and chip.

Tradition of racing
By dmccarty on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The style of this car will always be one of tradition and class. The handling and responsiveness are exhilarating, but can be improved with a worthwhile $3,000 investment in a Dinan S Package.

Love My 3.0i
By zowy on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It just snowed about 2" and the drive home was great. OEM Dunlops and DSC kept the car on the road with no issues. I tried turning the DSC off and nearly ended up in a ditch, I can't imagine driving in slick condtions without DSC. The top is very tight, no leaks, even when parked outside in blowing snow. 2 speed seat heaters work very well, just when it feels like 'HI' is too much, the seat has automatically turned the heat to 'LOW'.

By kolokifyg on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nobody builds engines like BMW. Strong, sweet, smooth, responsive, effortless all the way to redline. Quick and beautiful transmission. Handles incrediblely with balance and agility. Quality, quality, that's what it's all about.

My Fun Toy
By zippyiceman on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Its a very fun car to drive and draws a lot of attention. But they have to upgrade the cheap plastic interior parts and rear window

fun vehicle
By williamshim on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle. If you're looking for a top down driving with for 2 people, it's hard to beat this car. S2000 may come close but it doesn't have the comfort of Z3...

2001 Z3 Review
By jwnorris on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Z3, the others were a 1.9 and a 2.8. This car is awesome to drive and turns heads everywhere we go. The Harmon Kardon sound system is top notch. Performance is exciting with 225 hp and a 5.9 0-60. Fuel economy averages 21 miles per gallon. All hardware is solid inside and out. Very comfortable even on long trips thanks to great seats. Wind noise and motion is minimal with a windscreen option. Handling is near perfection in curves or any weather.

My BMW
By JerryMo on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

In general I love my Z3. It obviously has some flaws but the overall driving experience is very positive. If I had to do it over again I would probably purchase a Honda S2000 instead.