Used 2001 BMW Z3 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Great looks & Great drive
By gatoralias

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 2001 Z3 3.0 June 2008. Car is in immaculate condition. Test drove in the rain well. Tight handling, stiff ride (fine with me!), and exciting response. Doesn't blow around on the interstate. Answers the need for speed quickly. The 5 speed manual transmission is great fun. I am enjoying driving it very much even though I have to keep wiping the drool from my friends off the car.

Favorite Features

Convertible top. Easy to use and quick to put up or take down. Love the transmission. The handling is fabulous. And, of course, the look is elegant and sporty at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are too small! But that has been noted before.

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Better seats

I love it!
By Christa

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It took me 8 months to find the vehicle I really wanted. So there was nothing stopping me from flying to Florida and driving back to Georgia. I had the top down 80% of the way and loved every minute of it. This car is so much fun to drive! It zips in and out of traffic, plenty of get-up-and-go, grips the road and handles smoothly. More comfortable then I anticipated even after the 8 hour and 45 minute drive back.

Favorite Features

Slick body, easy to drive, quick acceleration, power top a breeze and great gas mileage. Pure fun in the sun!

Suggested Improvements

Larger base for cup holders. Impossible to put a large water bottle in it. Even though it's still comfortable, add an adjustable lumbar support.

First BMW
By Brandon

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought and certified this car. This is an ultimate driving machine. Not only does it run and feel like a roadster should, it comes with the looks and ladies too.

Favorite Features

The curves.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls on the steering wheel.

my beamer
By bruce jones

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive, my wife refers to itīs economy as "smiles per gallon". It has the feel of the road and agility of a sports car you would expect,but still rides like a much bigger car. There is no rough ride or road noise like you get from a Miata. It looks so damn nice parked in my yard it makes me smile just looking at it.

Favorite Features

The smooth powerful acceleration in all gears. The sexy curves of the body lines. The glossy paint that looks like an expensive custom job.

Suggested Improvements

None!