Used 2001 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Fun, Fun, Fun
By WHOOPZEE

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been great fun at a low cost. You can find a Z3 in great condition at a reasonable cost. It is a real enthusiasts car, with excellent power, great handling, and smiles every time you get behind the wheel.

Handling, style, and the "Nice Car" compliments from complete strangers.

Nothing significant.

Great looks & Great drive
By gatoralias

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 2001 Z3 3.0 June 2008. Car is in immaculate condition. Test drove in the rain well. Tight handling, stiff ride (fine with me!), and exciting response. Doesn't blow around on the interstate. Answers the need for speed quickly. The 5 speed manual transmission is great fun. I am enjoying driving it very much even though I have to keep wiping the drool from my friends off the car.

Convertible top. Easy to use and quick to put up or take down. Love the transmission. The handling is fabulous. And, of course, the look is elegant and sporty at the same time.

Cup holders are too small! But that has been noted before.

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

Better seats

I love it!
By Christa

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It took me 8 months to find the vehicle I really wanted. So there was nothing stopping me from flying to Florida and driving back to Georgia. I had the top down 80% of the way and loved every minute of it. This car is so much fun to drive! It zips in and out of traffic, plenty of get-up-and-go, grips the road and handles smoothly. More comfortable then I anticipated even after the 8 hour and 45 minute drive back.

Slick body, easy to drive, quick acceleration, power top a breeze and great gas mileage. Pure fun in the sun!

Larger base for cup holders. Impossible to put a large water bottle in it. Even though it's still comfortable, add an adjustable lumbar support.

My little "ugly" coupe
By lawrence thompson

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 coupe about a year and a half ago. It has never stopped turning heads (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). The car performs the way one would expect a BMW to perform... with elan and enthusiasm. The styling is what I love about the car, above performance. It's been described as looking "like a high top tennis shoe", but that's usually with an appreciative smile. The car has been very reliable, as one would expect from this manufacturer. I expect I'll keep this car forever... after all, since the coupe is no longer manufactured, it will only become more unique with the passing of time.

Design and performance