2001 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
my beamer
By bruce jones on 09/23/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive, my wife refers to it´s economy as "smiles per gallon". It has the feel of the road and agility of a sports car you would expect,but still rides like a much bigger car. There is no rough ride or road noise like you get from a Miata. It looks so damn nice parked in my yard it makes me smile just looking at it.

Black 2.5i Convertible
By 4Amy on 08/22/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this one owner car for my wife. It is in amazing condition. The handling is great and it is a real head turner.

Sunday Cruiser, Backroad Buster
By PILOT8127 on 08/15/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

BMW's low profile, snearing, snarling front end is what attracted me to the Z3 model. With it's flared wheelwells, shark-gill slits and flattend eyebrow headlamps it just speaks motion. After two Corvettes (a 1970, and a 1980), the Z3 had to perform to keep my interest. WOW! Does it perform. With the 3.0 liter engine and AUTOstick tranny, full power burnouts are the norm with the DSC in the off position. The in-line SIX is both smooth and linear, it pulls right from idle and revs quickly. This car is by far the most FUN I've ever had out on the road. And, it turns heads where ever I go with it. Probably the best bang for the buck in sportscar driving! Try on a Z3 for yourself.

Bye bye Z3; I'm gonna miss you.
By Mike on 01/16/05 18:31 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the Z since 5/02 and have put 10K miles on it, driving in good weather only. It is drafty, noisy and uncomfortable. The sound system is boomy with the top up and muddy with it down. Buying a rear windscreen helped a lot. The M3 leather seats are too hot and too tight and it's hard to find a comfortable position. The plastic window is impossible to clean as are the premium wheels. It's hard to get in and out of. But... The paint quality is great; it really shines up. The torque is incredible; downshifts aren't required for highway passing. The 5 speed is smooth; the steering precise. The DSC helped me a few times. The car is just getting broken in. I'm gonna miss it.

Fun car but....
By PinkysMommy on 11/30/04 19:49 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had a 318i for 7 years- never a problem with repairs, etc. Only got rid of it because it had 100,000+ miles on it and was worried it might start breaking down. Bought the Z3 as a preowned vehicle - with warranty. Have had it in shop countless times, last time being it needed a new radiator - have had lots of repair issues, it is now just out of warranty and I am hoping it will not break down any more. Love the car, it's cute and fun but disappointed in repairs so far. Other BMWs superior to this one :(

The Z3 is the car of my dreams
By Karl Z on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 3.0 on 02.2004 and since then, I can say that is so fun to drive. Everyone loves it!!!I installed the BMW Harman Kardon Traffic Pro GPS system The Z3 is a real classic.

Fun to Drive
By chuwau on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are considering this vehicle, don't hesitate any longer. The Z3 is FUN and the quality and workmanship is outstanding.

4mike
By mikeyj on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a "certified preowned" Z3 with 100K extended warrenty. Although I paid more, the peace of mind with the extended warrentey provided peace of mind. the car is fun to drive and plan to keep it a long time. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Great car
By Yuva on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Bimmer new and have driven it a little over 11,000 miles with out any problems. Fun to drive and sure makes heads turn. Don't know why they replaced with Z4. More room possibly. I love it and will cherish it for many years to come.

You have to drive one
By chuck0692 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing bad to say, this car Handles(and I have raced professionally). And who can say anything negative about the style. I do wish she came with a glass rear window. One other thing is how quite (for a convertible) the car is with the top up, I have not been able to compare her with the Audi or Porchse but she is the quitest I have been in. Also with the rear wind screen up, it is surprisingly calm in the cockpit, and I have taken it up to 110 mph with top down. I store her in winters so I can not say how she handles in snow, but if your state uses salt on the roads why are you driving THIS car in the snow anyway!?!