2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )
I Miss My Girl
By Kufa on 05/17/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2001 brand new! In 2009 some hater totaled it in the blink of an eye. I literally cried for 3 days. I didn't lease it I bought it as an investment. I had it 8 years and 3 of those years it was paid for. I loved driving my bimmer - we were one. Her turning ratio was fantastic, pickup speed fabulous and just and all around classy car.

My little "ugly" coupe
By lawrence thompson on 01/04/06 18:34 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 coupe about a year and a half ago. It has never stopped turning heads (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). The car performs the way one would expect a BMW to perform... with elan and enthusiasm. The styling is what I love about the car, above performance. It's been described as looking "like a high top tennis shoe", but that's usually with an appreciative smile. The car has been very reliable, as one would expect from this manufacturer. I expect I'll keep this car forever... after all, since the coupe is no longer manufactured, it will only become more unique with the passing of time.

Most Fun w/o a women involved
By MOMO333SP on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Z3 Coupe is fast and responsive. Point and shoot steering. Great in the rain. More curb appeal than a Ferrari. No mechanical problems / only routine maint.

Best car I've had
By dave j on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No factory defects, No down time, basic service only

Unique
By stz3coupe on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car because it is so unique, not allot of people have one. Many may not like the way it looks, but I think it looks great. Added some DINAN upgrades and WOW, nice improvement! The car really involves you in driving. Met plenty of people at work and at the gym who first don’t like the coupe, but soon tend to change their mind. Its easy to follow the crowd, I wanted a car that helps me stand out.

The red baron flies again
By Roy Kulland on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this Z3 coupe for nearly 4 months and it just keeps getting better and better. It is like riding a guided missle - scary fast amazing! I honestly don't have the skill yet to get all the handling and speed of which this car is capable. It really draws the looks and questions too - total fun. Its even a bit more fun after I added the Dinan stage 2 cold air and chip.