Used 2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

I Miss My Girl
By Kufa

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2001 brand new! In 2009 some hater totaled it in the blink of an eye. I literally cried for 3 days. I didn't lease it I bought it as an investment. I had it 8 years and 3 of those years it was paid for. I loved driving my bimmer - we were one. Her turning ratio was fantastic, pickup speed fabulous and just and all around classy car.

leather seats, harmon kardon standard speaker system, unbelievable trunk space for such a small car, lots of room in console

The moon roof! Who designed this fantastic car and then gave it a moonroof that barely opens. Should have had a sun roof that could roll open up and roll back on a beautiful day. I was always afraid to put one in mine. That moon roof was so boring.

My little "ugly" coupe
By lawrence thompson

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 coupe about a year and a half ago. It has never stopped turning heads (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). The car performs the way one would expect a BMW to perform... with elan and enthusiasm. The styling is what I love about the car, above performance. It's been described as looking "like a high top tennis shoe", but that's usually with an appreciative smile. The car has been very reliable, as one would expect from this manufacturer. I expect I'll keep this car forever... after all, since the coupe is no longer manufactured, it will only become more unique with the passing of time.

Design and performance

Upgraded interior. It's a BMW, after all

Most Fun w/o a women involved
By MOMO333SP

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Z3 Coupe is fast and responsive. Point and shoot steering. Great in the rain. More curb appeal than a Ferrari. No mechanical problems / only routine maint.

Hatchback is handy for shopping. Sound system is great. Seats are very comfortable on long trips.

Throatier exhaust. Shorter throw shifter.

Best car I've had
By dave j

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No factory defects, No down time, basic service only

solid frame and body

full instrumentation

Unique
By stz3coupe

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car because it is so unique, not allot of people have one. Many may not like the way it looks, but I think it looks great. Added some DINAN upgrades and WOW, nice improvement! The car really involves you in driving. Met plenty of people at work and at the gym who first don’t like the coupe, but soon tend to change their mind. Its easy to follow the crowd, I wanted a car that helps me stand out.

Wide body style. Great handling / performance. Unique design.

since the Z4 is now out, no need to state anything here