2001 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Fun, Fun, Fun
By tsb7 on 02/11/11 07:19 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my forth BMW having owned a 320iS, a 528e, an M3 and now my beloved 2001 2.5 z3. I have also driven a Porsche 911 and a Corvette and this z3 is perhaps better than all the others combined. It certainly handles as good or better than any car I have ever driven. The looks are classic "old school" roadster and the BMW marque is well respected throughout the world. I would not hesitate to recommend the z3 to anyone looking to add fun to their driving experience. And finally it has been a huge hit with our two teenage daughters and of course their mother. The pick up driving son is not yet convinced it is a fit mode of transportation.

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog on 11/14/07 22:37 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

I love it!
By Christa on 08/19/07 06:52 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It took me 8 months to find the vehicle I really wanted. So there was nothing stopping me from flying to Florida and driving back to Georgia. I had the top down 80% of the way and loved every minute of it. This car is so much fun to drive! It zips in and out of traffic, plenty of get-up-and-go, grips the road and handles smoothly. More comfortable then I anticipated even after the 8 hour and 45 minute drive back.

Black 2.5i Convertible
By 4Amy on 08/22/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this one owner car for my wife. It is in amazing condition. The handling is great and it is a real head turner.

Fun to Drive
By chuwau on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are considering this vehicle, don't hesitate any longer. The Z3 is FUN and the quality and workmanship is outstanding.

4mike
By mikeyj on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a "certified preowned" Z3 with 100K extended warrenty. Although I paid more, the peace of mind with the extended warrentey provided peace of mind. the car is fun to drive and plan to keep it a long time. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Great car
By Yuva on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Bimmer new and have driven it a little over 11,000 miles with out any problems. Fun to drive and sure makes heads turn. Don't know why they replaced with Z4. More room possibly. I love it and will cherish it for many years to come.

sporty roadster
By midlifecrisis1 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a FAST roadster that can take sharp corners at 80mph, this is your car. At least test drive this car before you buy any roadster. BMW's Z3 is about the ride...great performance, great turning capability, surprisingly smooth ride even when not going at high speeds, and plenty of luxury for a sports car (mine has a power convertible top, power seats, heated seats, cd player). I also test drove an SLK and liked it for other reasons...but really, they are entirely different cars so test drive both and you'll know how they are different.

Can't beat a BMW
By brocoli on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Sorry to Honda and Infiniti and all other cars, but nothing beats a BMW.

By kolokifyg on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nobody builds engines like BMW. Strong, sweet, smooth, responsive, effortless all the way to redline. Quick and beautiful transmission. Handles incrediblely with balance and agility. Quality, quality, that's what it's all about.