Used 2001 BMW Z3 2.5i Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

My first Bimmer, My first manual
By AlexxAnesthetic

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

First thing's first, and this goes without saying, the car is absolutely gorgeous. I found my 2001 on a Chevy lot, and it blew all of the modern designs of the new lines of Chevy out of the water. (except for the new 'vette, which the previous owner traded the z3 in for) Prior to buying this car, I only had practical experience driving a manual. It was years since I last tried. But within a week, I had it down with the Z3. This car performs so well, you can't help but drive it. The vehicle's handling is superb. You could do a turn on a dime with this thing, and NOW I understand why U turns and curved roads are just so damn fun to drive on. Nice low purr to the engine. The dealers told me the convertible top didn't work, but after actually reading the car's manual, I found out it worked just fine. The ride is smooth and the cabin noise is minimal. I'm not looking forward to the eventual repairs that I know are necessary for a 15 year old car, but I'll definitely thoroughly enjoy every day up until then.

A couple of cons with my particular vehicle: Passenger side door won't open from the outside. In the car's maintenance history, there's a work order that showed repairing the door would be a $600 job that required disassembly of the whole door. Also, there's a slight leak in the roof on the passenger side. The CD player skips on bumpy roads.

Minor inconveniences for a ride this exciting.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By tsb7

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my forth BMW having owned a 320iS, a 528e, an M3 and now my beloved 2001 2.5 z3. I have also driven a Porsche 911 and a Corvette and this z3 is perhaps better than all the others combined. It certainly handles as good or better than any car I have ever driven. The looks are classic "old school" roadster and the BMW marque is well respected throughout the world. I would not hesitate to recommend the z3 to anyone looking to add fun to their driving experience. And finally it has been a huge hit with our two teenage daughters and of course their mother. The pick up driving son is not yet convinced it is a fit mode of transportation.

Everything, especially the color combo of Atlanta Blue and beige top and interior or as others call it the James Bond car!

glass back window

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

Better seats

I love it!
By Christa

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It took me 8 months to find the vehicle I really wanted. So there was nothing stopping me from flying to Florida and driving back to Georgia. I had the top down 80% of the way and loved every minute of it. This car is so much fun to drive! It zips in and out of traffic, plenty of get-up-and-go, grips the road and handles smoothly. More comfortable then I anticipated even after the 8 hour and 45 minute drive back.

Slick body, easy to drive, quick acceleration, power top a breeze and great gas mileage. Pure fun in the sun!

Larger base for cup holders. Impossible to put a large water bottle in it. Even though it's still comfortable, add an adjustable lumbar support.

Black 2.5i Convertible
By 4Amy

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this one owner car for my wife. It is in amazing condition. The handling is great and it is a real head turner.

Top down, wind in your hair, seat of the pants ride.

Don't change a thing.