2001 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Fun, Fun, Fun
By tsb7 on 02/11/11 07:19 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my forth BMW having owned a 320iS, a 528e, an M3 and now my beloved 2001 2.5 z3. I have also driven a Porsche 911 and a Corvette and this z3 is perhaps better than all the others combined. It certainly handles as good or better than any car I have ever driven. The looks are classic "old school" roadster and the BMW marque is well respected throughout the world. I would not hesitate to recommend the z3 to anyone looking to add fun to their driving experience. And finally it has been a huge hit with our two teenage daughters and of course their mother. The pick up driving son is not yet convinced it is a fit mode of transportation.

Instant classic
By Bill in AZ on 08/06/10 10:45 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Z3 in December 2009 - have owned it for 8 months. Love the styling, performance, ride & handling. Purchased extended warranty & glad I did. It has already paid for itself. Issue with emissions, front bushings & ball joints, motor mount replaced, 1 window lift, fan clutch, alt tensioner, & water pump. All this would have cost $4500 - only $500 with warr. Key remote has been flaky - will not fail when at dealership. Having said that - it always starts and I drive it every day on my 70 mile commute. Love the car, gets lots of comments - a real head turner. Getting close to 25 mpg with mostly highway driving, some local (80/20).

I Miss My Girl
By Kufa on 05/17/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2001 brand new! In 2009 some hater totaled it in the blink of an eye. I literally cried for 3 days. I didn't lease it I bought it as an investment. I had it 8 years and 3 of those years it was paid for. I loved driving my bimmer - we were one. Her turning ratio was fantastic, pickup speed fabulous and just and all around classy car.

Fun to drive
By Bill on 01/30/10 14:55 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 3.0 a month ago & have loved every minute of it. Very nice ride & comfort for a roadster. The I6 is very quick & responsive. Very tight and solid ride with no rattles. Averaging about 24 mpg mixed highway and city. Very quiet for a convertible. Top is very tight.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By WHOOPZEE on 08/25/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been great fun at a low cost. You can find a Z3 in great condition at a reasonable cost. It is a real enthusiasts car, with excellent power, great handling, and smiles every time you get behind the wheel.

Great looks & Great drive
By gatoralias on 07/01/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 2001 Z3 3.0 June 2008. Car is in immaculate condition. Test drove in the rain well. Tight handling, stiff ride (fine with me!), and exciting response. Doesn't blow around on the interstate. Answers the need for speed quickly. The 5 speed manual transmission is great fun. I am enjoying driving it very much even though I have to keep wiping the drool from my friends off the car.

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog on 11/14/07 22:37 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

I love it!
By Christa on 08/19/07 06:52 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It took me 8 months to find the vehicle I really wanted. So there was nothing stopping me from flying to Florida and driving back to Georgia. I had the top down 80% of the way and loved every minute of it. This car is so much fun to drive! It zips in and out of traffic, plenty of get-up-and-go, grips the road and handles smoothly. More comfortable then I anticipated even after the 8 hour and 45 minute drive back.

My little "ugly" coupe
By lawrence thompson on 01/04/06 18:34 PM (PST)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 coupe about a year and a half ago. It has never stopped turning heads (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). The car performs the way one would expect a BMW to perform... with elan and enthusiasm. The styling is what I love about the car, above performance. It's been described as looking "like a high top tennis shoe", but that's usually with an appreciative smile. The car has been very reliable, as one would expect from this manufacturer. I expect I'll keep this car forever... after all, since the coupe is no longer manufactured, it will only become more unique with the passing of time.

First BMW
By Brandon on 10/09/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought and certified this car. This is an ultimate driving machine. Not only does it run and feel like a roadster should, it comes with the looks and ladies too.