2000 BMW Z3 Consumer Review: Best car I have ever owned

2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Review

2.8 Convertible (2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I have ever owned
By Darrel Dore on

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

In my driving life I have owned a Karmann Ghia, Triumph Spitfire, Miata & Porsche 911T, just to name the top ones. Before buying this 7yr old Z3 with only 29k miles by the prior 2 owners, I loved the Porsche the best. Now after driving the Z3 from SC to NM, then up to Portland, down the curvy coast hwy (it really loves curves!) to San Francisco and finally back to SC, I am completely pleased with the handling, comfort, performance (133 mph in the desert!) and reliability. For the maintenance, you really need to find an independent BMW mechanic to keep the oil change costs down (the dealers are a little expensive). Replace the radiator before 100k, the plastic tanks split!

The beautiful curvaceous, sensuous styling. For DIY'ers the simple maintenance. Solid build. "Smooth as glass." Touring ride. Strong, smooth six cylinder engine.

Figure some way to install a glass window in the convertible top. Warn owners to put a Battery Maintainer on for periods when the Z3 is parked for more than a week.