Used 2000 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

2000 BMW Z Coupe 2.8
By Canyonlands

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

How can you beat this car? What else are you going to drive some car you see on every corner. I've considered many others including Minis, Boxsters and M3s. I see them all the time and I'm so glad of my choice. I have people asking me about the car all the time. People wondering what it is and if I'd sell it. Yeah right! I've had over 40 cars, mostly that fall into the fun category. This easily is the coolest little car I I know of within $30K of what they can be had for.

Limited production. Sport seats to die for. Same powerful engines from bigger BMWs in such a small car. Performance two seater that BMW thought enough to make a roof rack for. Thule also has one that works and that's what I have for it. I've been in heaven since I bought this rare gem.

A sun shade for the glass roof would have been nice. Otherwise no complaints and I've had this car for a long time and put a lot of miles on it.

Bulletproof
By Mike33

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have owned my Z for four years. I have driven it hard daily. I have had it back to the dealer once and that was for an oil change. I still love the cars looks and enjoy driving it in all kinds of weather.

The cars looks handeling and reliabilty

You can't really drive this car in heavy snow. Not that I really would like to drive it in the snow.

Z3 Coupe (50k miles)
By adkeeney2

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

I've loved this car from the very beginning. It is powerful and fun yet a little more practical than the roadster. We are able to get a decent amount of stuff in the hatch. Handling is superb.

Engine is great. Loves to run. Handling is great.

Cupholders are nearly useless; which is ok if it is a third car.

Have another car
By Techshark

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

While this car is fun, it needs to visit the dealer about every 6 to 8 weeks, so make sure you have another car to use. So far we've had breaks, new seat belts, plus a host of unknown "service engine soon" requirements for which it needs to go in each time. We are afraid what this will cost us with it comes off warranty.

Cool look and fun to drive.

Please make this car reliable and improve it's quality.

It's not an MG Midget
By argonaut

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

My first car was a '76 MG Midget. It wasn't fast, but it was 1800 lbs of light, nimble pure fun. Like the MG, it is small with a slightly claustrophobic interior and the top comes down. But, this is not a light toy, and weighs in at a thousand pounds heavier. It is reasonably quick, very responsive and just plain sexy. For a reasonably new car, it has had way too many mechanical problems, such as the heater fan breaking, and the seals all needing to be replaced so it would not leak. That being said, the car is lots of fun and well worth the money. This is a very refined true cloth top roadster. And its way cool to have heated side view mirrors.

Taking the top down while driving Pacific Coast Highway blasting Led Zeppelin

Get the bigger engine, move the button for the electric top from behind the seat to the dash, get rid of the cheap plastic parts, and improve the stereo.