2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Total Joy
By Robert Griffith on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I still have not had to take the car in for service, not even an oil change. I have driven it over 100 MPH and it handles great.

A joy to drive
By JamesATL on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This car is simply a joy to drive in every aspect. It has great power, handles perfectly and has a very sex/fun look to it. If you like to drive this is the car for you.

Z3 2.5
By az on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This is the greatest car I have ever owned. Cannot see driving anything else.

Too many times in service
By kellyae on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This car was the dream of my life until I owned it. GREAT car to drive, but went in the shop over 20 times in the 2.5 years I owned it with non-engine problems (AC, Power windows, shift knob, clutch, etc). Some problems were the car and some were the dealership. Spent so many days in the shop that I ended up trading it in last week for a NON BMW. No more BMWs for me. It was a sad day when my dream came to an end.

The most enjoyable car I ever had
By Readyo26 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

It's so much fun getting into this car, start the engine hear it start up right away, the 6-Cylinder humm, backing out of a space is easy, the way it handles is great, it hugs the road, ... just all in all a fun vehicle.

Bulletproof
By grafals on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

After nearly 3 years and only ONE oil change, I'm finishing up my FIRST set of tires! This has ended up being the most reliable and cheapest to own car I have ever had. The resales assure me of only a couple of thousand per year to own. Undoubtedly one of the most FUN cars around to drive. Handles and feels great. Gets looks everywhere I go, I can't help but smile.

Great little car!!!
By medblom on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

If your looking for a great used late model sports car look for a 2000 or newer 2.3. There are some great deals out there.

Fun car, but problems, problems
By Mark in CT on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

No one can question that the Z3 is an awesome driving machine - pure fun to drive. My problem is that the car spends a lot of time being towed to the dealer for repairs. Three times the throttle assembly has failed, requiring a tow and average of about one week to fix. And now it appears it has happened again. Lemon-law? Tried that - but the problem started after 20K which is beyond lemon-law consideration. In short: BMW has not responded in a professional manor, and this is the worst car experience of my life. No more Beemers for me.