2000 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
One heck of a roadster!
By Z3POWER on 07/05/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

This was my first new car, my first real sports car and I love it. It get good gas mileage mid-20's and really good performance 60's in 5 seconds and 1/4 in 14-seconds. Oh yeah, my other car is a BMW 330i and a TOyota Tacoma 4dr 4wd truck.

Man and machine , , ,
By acedoc on 06/22/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

This is a beautiful convertible which drives and handles beautifully. It has lots of power and grips the road well.

bulletproof
By mirnbekreln on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

Except for chronically scrubbing the front spoiler when parking, I've never had a moment to question my decision to acquire this car - considered the Boxster, but chose the Z3. The 2.3 has great balance, exhilerating performance and sounds great. My wife gets looked at every time she drives it (which is why she lets me keep it). Every bad day gets better when I climb behind the wheel. It'll have 15k miles on it this month (time for the first oil change) and, although I hate to put this in writing, there has never been a mechanical issue of any kind. Get in. Sit down. Turn the key and off you go - solid as a rock 'n quick.

fast lane to the poorhouse
By rufwun on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

I love love love this car but it is killing me with maintenance costs! Owning this car has been like having two car payments with the inevitable trips to the shop every 6 weeks. But she is solid, nimble, attractive, powerful and above all, fun! She's my dream girl, but sometimes there's a lot to be said for the frumpy, low- maintenance girl next door. If you can afford the upkeep, this car is pure joy.

zoom
By beemerdriver4life on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

I drive a lot and tend to push cars to the max. The z3 has held up amazingly well. Other than some early "service engine" light issues which required 10+ trips to the dealership in the first 3mo of ownership, I have no complaints. The engine in this car is a beautiful thing. For the price, you cannot find more of a head-turner. I don't recommend BMW's CPO program. But seriously this is one of the most fun to drive cars ever made. And talk about taking turns! Watch out on tires for this car as they run right around 200 a piece. Also, replace the crappy sound system. It's worth it and makes high speed trips with road noise all the more enjoyable.

Coors
By Beedracer on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

Had my 2.3 roadster for 1 year. Full Sport package and every option. Love it. Used to hate Z3's before I drove a six cylinder model. It's quick, and drives like a go kart, but it feels substantial. BMW makes great cars. The steering and shifter are perfect. No problems so far.

LT2s Z3
By LTT on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Beautiful car in all aspects. Tremendously fun to drive. Plenty of power, corners like it's on rails. Very comfortable, plenty of leg room. You'll fall in love with one.

Bulletproof
By Mike33 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have owned my Z for four years. I have driven it hard daily. I have had it back to the dealer once and that was for an oil change. I still love the cars looks and enjoy driving it in all kinds of weather.

Have another car
By Techshark on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

While this car is fun, it needs to visit the dealer about every 6 to 8 weeks, so make sure you have another car to use. So far we've had breaks, new seat belts, plus a host of unknown "service engine soon" requirements for which it needs to go in each time. We are afraid what this will cost us with it comes off warranty.

It's not an MG Midget
By argonaut on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

My first car was a '76 MG Midget. It wasn't fast, but it was 1800 lbs of light, nimble pure fun. Like the MG, it is small with a slightly claustrophobic interior and the top comes down. But, this is not a light toy, and weighs in at a thousand pounds heavier. It is reasonably quick, very responsive and just plain sexy. For a reasonably new car, it has had way too many mechanical problems, such as the heater fan breaking, and the seals all needing to be replaced so it would not leak. That being said, the car is lots of fun and well worth the money. This is a very refined true cloth top roadster. And its way cool to have heated side view mirrors.