2000 BMW Z3 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

2.3 Convertible (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
fast lane to the poorhouse
By rufwun on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I love love love this car but it is killing me with maintenance costs! Owning this car has been like having two car payments with the inevitable trips to the shop every 6 weeks. But she is solid, nimble, attractive, powerful and above all, fun! She's my dream girl, but sometimes there's a lot to be said for the frumpy, low- maintenance girl next door. If you can afford the upkeep, this car is pure joy.

zoom
By beemerdriver4life on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I drive a lot and tend to push cars to the max. The z3 has held up amazingly well. Other than some early "service engine" light issues which required 10+ trips to the dealership in the first 3mo of ownership, I have no complaints. The engine in this car is a beautiful thing. For the price, you cannot find more of a head-turner. I don't recommend BMW's CPO program. But seriously this is one of the most fun to drive cars ever made. And talk about taking turns! Watch out on tires for this car as they run right around 200 a piece. Also, replace the crappy sound system. It's worth it and makes high speed trips with road noise all the more enjoyable.

Coors
By Beedracer on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Had my 2.3 roadster for 1 year. Full Sport package and every option. Love it. Used to hate Z3's before I drove a six cylinder model. It's quick, and drives like a go kart, but it feels substantial. BMW makes great cars. The steering and shifter are perfect. No problems so far.

Bulletproof
By Mike33 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have owned my Z for four years. I have driven it hard daily. I have had it back to the dealer once and that was for an oil change. I still love the cars looks and enjoy driving it in all kinds of weather.

Have another car
By Techshark on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

While this car is fun, it needs to visit the dealer about every 6 to 8 weeks, so make sure you have another car to use. So far we've had breaks, new seat belts, plus a host of unknown "service engine soon" requirements for which it needs to go in each time. We are afraid what this will cost us with it comes off warranty.

It's not an MG Midget
By argonaut on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

My first car was a '76 MG Midget. It wasn't fast, but it was 1800 lbs of light, nimble pure fun. Like the MG, it is small with a slightly claustrophobic interior and the top comes down. But, this is not a light toy, and weighs in at a thousand pounds heavier. It is reasonably quick, very responsive and just plain sexy. For a reasonably new car, it has had way too many mechanical problems, such as the heater fan breaking, and the seals all needing to be replaced so it would not leak. That being said, the car is lots of fun and well worth the money. This is a very refined true cloth top roadster. And its way cool to have heated side view mirrors.

What more could you want?
By MEDniK on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Having owned a few british convertibles, this is probably the car they wish they'd made, and the slew of Japanese convertibles just don't have the flair that BMW have injected into this amazing car. Incredible road holding, unfaltering acceleration and striking styling are second to none in this price range. The obsession with the plastic rear window eludes me - true high performance convertible roadsters wear the plastic rear window with pride!

Looks Great
By mikeyg on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Fun to drive and classy looks. A real headturner. Just a beautiful looking sports car that stands out from the crowd. mfg11@aol.com

S-W-E-E-T
By ROAD LIZARD on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This car is an experience unlike any other vehicle I've owned. It handles and performs exceptional. Although it is a 2.3, it has plenty of power and speed to provide a lasting grin for years. The comfort level is better than typical sports car and the interior design puts things right at your fingertips. The cosmetic appearance delivers a classy look that is eye-catching and head-turning. A 5- speed is the only flavor for this Roadster.

2000 Z3 2.3
By Scott in the Rock on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Bought my 2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster in November 02. Mine is a 5 speed (don't even think about buying this car with an auto transmission, takes the soul right out of a roadster). This car is awsome. It is a blast to drive and gets 2nd looks everywhere. I had some trepidaton at buying a 2.3 model rather than a larger engine model but the 2.3 is plenty for me. If you are considering this car, pull the trigger and join the Z3 family. You can spot us by the gleam in our eye and smile on our face!