Used 2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

2000 2.3 Z3 Roadster
By Z3

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have always liked the smooth lines and sleek look of the Z3. Finally bought a 2000 with 21K miles. It's a blast to drive, cornering is fantastic and it has plenty of power to spare.

Overall styling, performance curb appeal.

Overall a great car, but I would improve the quality of the interior and get rid of that plastic rear window.

TURNING 10!
By Jan Ellen

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This was my first BRAND NEW Sports Car. She had only 3 miles on her when I drove it out of the dealership. It will be nearly 10 years together now and soon we will part ways! My only favorite times driving this car was on the weekends with the top down! Only because I had more room in the cock pit! It took about FIVE years and thousands of dollars for me to break in this car and keep out of the service department. Two AC compressors, CAMS, Radiator and more.

The classic design of the long hood in front of me and wide front wheel expansion. (this is what sold this car!)

The rear of this car was a mistake even with the 2000 model. Another 5" on the rear would have made this a gorgeous design! Interior appointments are cheap plastic, crack and break. Hard to clean behind seats when they don't fold forward. They lock making detailing impossible in this car.

2000 Z3 for me!
By Pong123

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Z3 last year and have loved driving it. The power is just right and the look is sweet. I have had no problems and the dealer takes great care of me. I thought it would cost more to own this car but it is about the same if you add up all the oil changes on a regular car. BMW does whatever it takes to make their owners happy. It has been a pleasure owning this car.

The handling is my favorite feature. It takes corners better than my Nissan and has less problems (smile).

Not thrilled with the back window design (plastic) for this year.

A dream come true
By mebonitagal

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I'm finally a BOND girl! After 8 long years of wait, this is the ride of my life! The DSC, oh my and thank God, corrects my mistakes when going a bit too fast around the corners. The 2.3 barely keeps me out of traffic court! It seems everyone wants to race even when I'm behavin... and I'm finally getting used to the jealousy factor.

The heated seats make me feel so pampered! The 2.3 is the perfect build. The handling is so totally BMW, stable and responsive, that even my 18 yo appreciates it when he's lucky enough to get the wheel out of my embrace!

Sexy car
By Stealth

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Women seem to love this car. I get "nice car" comments from women all the time. A friend of mine has a porsche... and he said he only gets that comment from guys. If I only had this car when I was 19 and still single. Oh well. Even without the fun performance of this car, the sheer enjoyment of being in traffic with the top down on a beautiful summer day is priceless. Makes traffic less painful.

The body style! It's swoopy, aggressive, sexy. A+++. The V6 has lots of pep and low gears provide plenty of torque for that real throw you back in your seat feeling.Handling is excellent... I'm always curious how much faster could I really take that last turn?

Glass rear window (my window is scratched and starting to yellow), better sound system (sub-woofer is crap!). There is a constant rattle coming from rear suspension on passenger side. Supposedly it's just a bushing... but the entire suspension has to be removed to fix it. How much $$$$????