2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Sexy car
By Stealth on 10/18/05 17:38 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Women seem to love this car. I get "nice car" comments from women all the time. A friend of mine has a porsche... and he said he only gets that comment from guys. If I only had this car when I was 19 and still single. Oh well. Even without the fun performance of this car, the sheer enjoyment of being in traffic with the top down on a beautiful summer day is priceless. Makes traffic less painful.

One heck of a roadster!
By Z3POWER on 07/05/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

This was my first new car, my first real sports car and I love it. It get good gas mileage mid-20's and really good performance 60's in 5 seconds and 1/4 in 14-seconds. Oh yeah, my other car is a BMW 330i and a TOyota Tacoma 4dr 4wd truck.

Man and machine , , ,
By acedoc on 06/22/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

This is a beautiful convertible which drives and handles beautifully. It has lots of power and grips the road well.

bulletproof
By mirnbekreln on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Except for chronically scrubbing the front spoiler when parking, I've never had a moment to question my decision to acquire this car - considered the Boxster, but chose the Z3. The 2.3 has great balance, exhilerating performance and sounds great. My wife gets looked at every time she drives it (which is why she lets me keep it). Every bad day gets better when I climb behind the wheel. It'll have 15k miles on it this month (time for the first oil change) and, although I hate to put this in writing, there has never been a mechanical issue of any kind. Get in. Sit down. Turn the key and off you go - solid as a rock 'n quick.

fast lane to the poorhouse
By rufwun on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I love love love this car but it is killing me with maintenance costs! Owning this car has been like having two car payments with the inevitable trips to the shop every 6 weeks. But she is solid, nimble, attractive, powerful and above all, fun! She's my dream girl, but sometimes there's a lot to be said for the frumpy, low- maintenance girl next door. If you can afford the upkeep, this car is pure joy.

zoom
By beemerdriver4life on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I drive a lot and tend to push cars to the max. The z3 has held up amazingly well. Other than some early "service engine" light issues which required 10+ trips to the dealership in the first 3mo of ownership, I have no complaints. The engine in this car is a beautiful thing. For the price, you cannot find more of a head-turner. I don't recommend BMW's CPO program. But seriously this is one of the most fun to drive cars ever made. And talk about taking turns! Watch out on tires for this car as they run right around 200 a piece. Also, replace the crappy sound system. It's worth it and makes high speed trips with road noise all the more enjoyable.

Relatively Rare and FUN!
By BMWJean on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

I've owned alot of cars including a Porsche 944, but this has to be my favorite! This little coupe gets a consistant 30 MPG and is a hoot to drive. It handles like a go cart in the twisties and has plenty of power. Unlike the convertible, you can actually pack a weekends worth of gear in the back- or a weeks worth of groceries if that's what you need...did I mention that it's FUN TO DRIVE?!?!

Coors
By Beedracer on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Had my 2.3 roadster for 1 year. Full Sport package and every option. Love it. Used to hate Z3's before I drove a six cylinder model. It's quick, and drives like a go kart, but it feels substantial. BMW makes great cars. The steering and shifter are perfect. No problems so far.

LT2s Z3
By LTT on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Beautiful car in all aspects. Tremendously fun to drive. Plenty of power, corners like it's on rails. Very comfortable, plenty of leg room. You'll fall in love with one.

2000 BMW Z Coupe 2.8
By Canyonlands on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

How can you beat this car? What else are you going to drive some car you see on every corner. I've considered many others including Minis, Boxsters and M3s. I see them all the time and I'm so glad of my choice. I have people asking me about the car all the time. People wondering what it is and if I'd sell it. Yeah right! I've had over 40 cars, mostly that fall into the fun category. This easily is the coolest little car I I know of within $30K of what they can be had for.