Used 2000 BMW Z3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw Z3 - Consumer Reviews

2.8 2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

Relatively Rare and FUN!
By BMWJean

2000 BMW Z3 Hatchback 2.8 2dr Coupe

I've owned alot of cars including a Porsche 944, but this has to be my favorite! This little coupe gets a consistant 30 MPG and is a hoot to drive. It handles like a go cart in the twisties and has plenty of power. Unlike the convertible, you can actually pack a weekends worth of gear in the back- or a weeks worth of groceries if that's what you need...did I mention that it's FUN TO DRIVE?!?!

Favorite Features

Styling- you either love it or you hate it. It is a LOT more rare than the convertible, though- you won't see yourself passing by every few minutes.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that the interior is a bit cramped for those 6 ft. and over. My husband did survive a 2300 MI journey from Wis. to North Carolina though (in the passenger seat of course)!

2000 BMW Z Coupe 2.8
By Canyonlands

2000 BMW Z3 Hatchback 2.8 2dr Coupe

How can you beat this car? What else are you going to drive some car you see on every corner. I've considered many others including Minis, Boxsters and M3s. I see them all the time and I'm so glad of my choice. I have people asking me about the car all the time. People wondering what it is and if I'd sell it. Yeah right! I've had over 40 cars, mostly that fall into the fun category. This easily is the coolest little car I I know of within $30K of what they can be had for.

Favorite Features

Limited production. Sport seats to die for. Same powerful engines from bigger BMWs in such a small car. Performance two seater that BMW thought enough to make a roof rack for. Thule also has one that works and that's what I have for it. I've been in heaven since I bought this rare gem.

Suggested Improvements

A sun shade for the glass roof would have been nice. Otherwise no complaints and I've had this car for a long time and put a lot of miles on it.

Z3 Coupe (50k miles)
By adkeeney2

2000 BMW Z3 Hatchback 2.8 2dr Coupe

I've loved this car from the very beginning. It is powerful and fun yet a little more practical than the roadster. We are able to get a decent amount of stuff in the hatch. Handling is superb.

Favorite Features

Engine is great. Loves to run. Handling is great.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are nearly useless; which is ok if it is a third car.