Used 2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Best car I have ever owned
By Darrel Dore

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

In my driving life I have owned a Karmann Ghia, Triumph Spitfire, Miata & Porsche 911T, just to name the top ones. Before buying this 7yr old Z3 with only 29k miles by the prior 2 owners, I loved the Porsche the best. Now after driving the Z3 from SC to NM, then up to Portland, down the curvy coast hwy (it really loves curves!) to San Francisco and finally back to SC, I am completely pleased with the handling, comfort, performance (133 mph in the desert!) and reliability. For the maintenance, you really need to find an independent BMW mechanic to keep the oil change costs down (the dealers are a little expensive). Replace the radiator before 100k, the plastic tanks split!

Favorite Features

The beautiful curvaceous, sensuous styling. For DIY'ers the simple maintenance. Solid build. "Smooth as glass." Touring ride. Strong, smooth six cylinder engine.

Suggested Improvements

Figure some way to install a glass window in the convertible top. Warn owners to put a Battery Maintainer on for periods when the Z3 is parked for more than a week.

Driven daily
By larry

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Front brake pads @75000 miles, at 55000 the water pump went out, dealer fixed it w/o charge. Regular oil changes when the red light comes on, other than that, this has been a reliable, fun to drive car. My wife drives almost daily and only takes my Volvo when it is snowing. Does do better in the show with all season tires and we prefer the all season to performance tires since it goes every day.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, at age 62 we both feel young when behind the wheel.

One heck of a roadster!
By Z3POWER

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

This was my first new car, my first real sports car and I love it. It get good gas mileage mid-20's and really good performance 60's in 5 seconds and 1/4 in 14-seconds. Oh yeah, my other car is a BMW 330i and a TOyota Tacoma 4dr 4wd truck.

Favorite Features

Body style is classic looking.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear end design of the Rear Differential Mount. Current issues with design on all Z3 with 2.8 engines and higher.

Man and machine , , ,
By acedoc

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

This is a beautiful convertible which drives and handles beautifully. It has lots of power and grips the road well.

Favorite Features

Sheer power and sexy looks . . .

Suggested Improvements

Even the premium HK audio system is not great. Subwoofers need an upgrade. CD player does not have an anti-skip mechanism!

LT2s Z3
By LTT

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Beautiful car in all aspects. Tremendously fun to drive. Plenty of power, corners like it's on rails. Very comfortable, plenty of leg room. You'll fall in love with one.

Favorite Features

Just putting the top down and driving!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system (even Harmon Kardon option) is pretty poor. Unbelievable to put such a cheap sounding system in such an expensive car.