2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Best car I have ever owned
By Darrel Dore on 02/01/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

In my driving life I have owned a Karmann Ghia, Triumph Spitfire, Miata & Porsche 911T, just to name the top ones. Before buying this 7yr old Z3 with only 29k miles by the prior 2 owners, I loved the Porsche the best. Now after driving the Z3 from SC to NM, then up to Portland, down the curvy coast hwy (it really loves curves!) to San Francisco and finally back to SC, I am completely pleased with the handling, comfort, performance (133 mph in the desert!) and reliability. For the maintenance, you really need to find an independent BMW mechanic to keep the oil change costs down (the dealers are a little expensive). Replace the radiator before 100k, the plastic tanks split!

Driven daily
By larry on 10/13/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Front brake pads @75000 miles, at 55000 the water pump went out, dealer fixed it w/o charge. Regular oil changes when the red light comes on, other than that, this has been a reliable, fun to drive car. My wife drives almost daily and only takes my Volvo when it is snowing. Does do better in the show with all season tires and we prefer the all season to performance tires since it goes every day.

One heck of a roadster!
By Z3POWER on 07/05/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

This was my first new car, my first real sports car and I love it. It get good gas mileage mid-20's and really good performance 60's in 5 seconds and 1/4 in 14-seconds. Oh yeah, my other car is a BMW 330i and a TOyota Tacoma 4dr 4wd truck.

Man and machine , , ,
By acedoc on 06/22/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

This is a beautiful convertible which drives and handles beautifully. It has lots of power and grips the road well.

LT2s Z3
By LTT on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Beautiful car in all aspects. Tremendously fun to drive. Plenty of power, corners like it's on rails. Very comfortable, plenty of leg room. You'll fall in love with one.

Classic Sports Roadster
By Larry Fink on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Great summer time fun car. Mine has never seen snow. Never leaves the garage with the soft top up. Either topless or with the hard top when ever going out.

Great Ride
By LMB on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

I love driving this car. I really only drive it on pretty days - couldn't stand to see it dirty. I think the car drives great and is so much fun on the open road. I corners great, and has the typical BMW quality. I love the "roadster" look of this car inside and out -- I think the new Z4 looks to much like the Mercedes and doesn't have the same roadster feel.

Z3 - fun, reliable... lots of smiles
By Alexei on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

I've thoroughly enjoyed the 2000 2.8 liter Z3 - great performance (196hp - but what's really nice is lots of torque). It's my daily driver - comfortable (I'm 6'1" 225lbs.) with more leg room than my full size Toyota. The car is lot of fun to drive, the only aftermarket item I've bought is a strut tower brace to dampen body roll whenI'm hammering through curves.

Z3 fun
By Dark Sky on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

BMW really hit a niche with the Z3. Fun to go anywhere in this car.

Quailty and Performance=Loads of Fun
By brent on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Great build quailty. Solid performance. Can't beat it with the top down cruising.