2000 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Update of 2002 Review
By GaryA on 06/16/10 20:56 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I wrote an earlier review of the Z3 and mistyped V6 when I knew the 2.5 L engine in the 2.3 model is an inline 6. Anyway, have now put on around 80k miles and this car still drives like new. Just as tight, no rattles or body noises. Great car.

Wonderful Little Car
By wcohn on 04/26/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

As a 'mid-life' crisis car, this vehicle stands out. People acost me everywhere with a 'nice car'. In spite of all that, it's simply a wonderful drive. Find a nice uncrowded country road on a nice day, put the top down and turn up the stereo. This will validate everything about getting it. I've had mine since 2002 (it's 2010 now), and I have no thought of selling it. Stay on top of maintenance (BMW service is expensive), in order to minimize theses costs and maximize utility and fun.

Amazing!
By Pong123 on 02/20/10 07:08 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have enjoyed my Z for a number of years. I love the performance and how it hugs the road. My only complaint would be the heater knob. The wire that adjusts the heat has broke 3 times and is not cheap to fix. Other than this I have not had any problems. I thought about upgrading to a Z4 but I just love the style and reliability of my Z. Great investment! Sweet ride!

2000 2.3 Z3 Roadster
By Z3 on 02/04/10 18:44 PM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I have always liked the smooth lines and sleek look of the Z3. Finally bought a 2000 with 21K miles. It's a blast to drive, cornering is fantastic and it has plenty of power to spare.

TURNING 10!
By Jan Ellen on 10/12/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

This was my first BRAND NEW Sports Car. She had only 3 miles on her when I drove it out of the dealership. It will be nearly 10 years together now and soon we will part ways! My only favorite times driving this car was on the weekends with the top down! Only because I had more room in the cock pit! It took about FIVE years and thousands of dollars for me to break in this car and keep out of the service department. Two AC compressors, CAMS, Radiator and more.

2000 Z3 for me!
By Pong123 on 01/02/09 08:41 AM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Z3 last year and have loved driving it. The power is just right and the look is sweet. I have had no problems and the dealer takes great care of me. I thought it would cost more to own this car but it is about the same if you add up all the oil changes on a regular car. BMW does whatever it takes to make their owners happy. It has been a pleasure owning this car.

A dream come true
By mebonitagal on 01/01/07 20:10 PM (PST)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I'm finally a BOND girl! After 8 long years of wait, this is the ride of my life! The DSC, oh my and thank God, corrects my mistakes when going a bit too fast around the corners. The 2.3 barely keeps me out of traffic court! It seems everyone wants to race even when I'm behavin... and I'm finally getting used to the jealousy factor.

Sexy car
By Stealth on 10/18/05 17:38 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Women seem to love this car. I get "nice car" comments from women all the time. A friend of mine has a porsche... and he said he only gets that comment from guys. If I only had this car when I was 19 and still single. Oh well. Even without the fun performance of this car, the sheer enjoyment of being in traffic with the top down on a beautiful summer day is priceless. Makes traffic less painful.

bulletproof
By mirnbekreln on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Except for chronically scrubbing the front spoiler when parking, I've never had a moment to question my decision to acquire this car - considered the Boxster, but chose the Z3. The 2.3 has great balance, exhilerating performance and sounds great. My wife gets looked at every time she drives it (which is why she lets me keep it). Every bad day gets better when I climb behind the wheel. It'll have 15k miles on it this month (time for the first oil change) and, although I hate to put this in writing, there has never been a mechanical issue of any kind. Get in. Sit down. Turn the key and off you go - solid as a rock 'n quick.

fast lane to the poorhouse
By rufwun on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

I love love love this car but it is killing me with maintenance costs! Owning this car has been like having two car payments with the inevitable trips to the shop every 6 weeks. But she is solid, nimble, attractive, powerful and above all, fun! She's my dream girl, but sometimes there's a lot to be said for the frumpy, low- maintenance girl next door. If you can afford the upkeep, this car is pure joy.