Individual style flawless performance
By CT Car Nut on
1999 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible
Z3's give a great modern interpretation of a classic roadster. We all know how they look so Iím not going to talk about that. With 70,000 miles of New England driving I can say I have had few problems. I bought my 2.3 from lease trade in. My dealer replaced the front control arms after I test drove the car. I noticed nothing wrong in the test drive so Iím not sure why they replaced them but I guess I can just be happy they did. The only other item was the air bag light came on at about 55,000 miles and to turn it off the seat belt receptacle needed to be replace for $400. The rest has been change oil and filers and brakes just normal maintenance
Favorite Features
The handling is superb. I drive hard at SCCA Stock class events and would never take a car to those limits on the road. The 2.5 you still get 6 sec 0-60ís and all the smiles of having a 50/50 balanced car with plenty of get up and go when you step on the gas at any speed.
Suggested Improvements
We need good cup holders! No Climate control in these cars? All the other bimmers have it in the same year cars! Last a Leather arm rest on the door and the center consol. Everywhere you look there is leather but the spots you rest your elbows is plastic.