1999 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
A Sportscar for the real world
By White-Z3 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

If you can and do push this car to it's limits on the street, you are driving the wrong car in the wrong place. If you want a car that looks great , makes you feel good every time you drive it,and has the comfort for a long trip,then this is the one. The inline six will pull strong in any gear so shifting is almost optional. The car stops - now - without being grabby. I have had no problems in 22k miles. We just drove the BlueRidge Parkway, I think the road was made for the Z3.

Good...not great..Handling BMW
By Z-Man on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

First, let me say, I love this car. It is fun to drive and handles very VERY well. However, bumps in the road will defintely throw this light (2900lb) vehicle. Outside of that and the cupholder being in a very odd place, the car is perfect. The engine sounds wonderful, the interior and exterior detailing is beautiful. The engine runs smooth as silk and corners very nicely. Oh, and if you must indulge in this car, do not forget to find one with heated seats!

your classic roadster
By polidata on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

loads of fun to drive, corners as if on rails, but can be a bit rough over road imperfections. has all the essential features of a classic roadster plus modern conveniences, automatic top operation, a/c etc. still draws the looks from everyone, works fine as an everyday car for most days (i don't take it out in the snow to avoid salty roads). you can even lock it with the top down due to its anti-theft device (location dependent of course) as all storage compartments can be locked independently. a perfect car for the young exec/professional seeking a significant other or for the empty nesters.

Drive One!!!!
By tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Very smooth, agile, and fast. I am glad I got the 2.8, worth the extra cash and the extra torque makes the difference. Still have not been able to break it loose, I will keep trying. This car is a keeper!

Drive One!!!!
By Tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Little Red Z
By hogurt on 03/09/02 17:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Fun car. If you are taller than 6'3, it's a little tight.

Couldn't ask for more!
By hexy34 on 02/28/02 18:32 PM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.3 2dr Convertible

I just got my 99 2.3 a month ago and I smile every time I get in to drive it. Performance is smoother than expected, which is saying a lot. If you want to enjoy driving and don't have to worry about hauling more than one passenger, you can't go wrong with this car.