1999 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Just purchased Z3
By 70yearoldmale on 07/09/14 08:18 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Just purchased 1999 BMW Z3, one owner with 94,000 miles. Fun to drive, very responsive, my 1st sports car and exciting for 70 year old plain vanilla guy. Far exceeds my expectations for performance and overall quality and condition of a 15 year old car. I may keep this one for a lifetime since NC resident and can been @ blue ridge mountains in less than 3 hours and beach less than 4 hours

FunFunFun!
By WireWheels on 10/13/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Most fun to drive I've ever had. This is my sixth BMW and makes me feel good every time I look at it or drive it.

Wow...i like
By Silver w/blacktop on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Used to own a '97 2.3L Z3....this 2.8L is much better. The power behind this car is incredible, it's very fun to drive. The added roll bars provide better security. The seats are incredible: heated, holding capability, and comfort all rolled into one. Not very practical, but that's not its purpose. It's a very fun toy!

your classic roadster
By polidata on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

loads of fun to drive, corners as if on rails, but can be a bit rough over road imperfections. has all the essential features of a classic roadster plus modern conveniences, automatic top operation, a/c etc. still draws the looks from everyone, works fine as an everyday car for most days (i don't take it out in the snow to avoid salty roads). you can even lock it with the top down due to its anti-theft device (location dependent of course) as all storage compartments can be locked independently. a perfect car for the young exec/professional seeking a significant other or for the empty nesters.

Drive One!!!!
By Tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Very smooth, agile, and fast. I am glad I got the 2.8, worth the extra cash and the extra torque makes the difference. Still have not been able to break it loose, I will keep trying. This car is a keeper!

Drive One!!!!
By tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Little Red Z
By hogurt on 03/09/02 17:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Fun car. If you are taller than 6'3, it's a little tight.