1998 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
The best roadster par none
By John Defiori on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Bought a 1998 BMW Z3 Roadster with the 2.8 six and automatic transmission. Flawless built quality, strong flexible engine, unmatched reliabilty (My Porsche has been back to the dealership three times for "repairs" since I've owned the BMW. The only problem with this car is I cant get it away from my wife!

Thats what I'm talking about
By dookie on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Wow, what a car. Great power from a car that size and it handles like it is on rails. Fun factor thru the roof

'98 BMW Z3
By AnnieZ on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 1.9 2dr Convertible

This little car is the most fun imaginable! While it is no race car, it corners like a champ and literally scoots down the highway.

'98 Z3
By CKC on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 1.9 2dr Convertible

Fun to drive. Always dependable.

As close to perfection as you can get
By woodytpt on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

Of course the M roadster is perfection but the 2.8 L Z3 is as close as you can get. My heart wanted the M roadster but common sense prevailed. With the stiffer suspension in the M Rodster and the thought of replacing tires at least once a year I opted for the 2.8 L Z3. This car is my daily driver in Washinton D.C. and I love it. Maneuvering in traffic becomes a joy in this car. Its quickness and nimbleness is unparralled. Perfect blend of power and comfort!!!!!!!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By tech_786 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

I had this car for 6 months and I am very happy. It turns heads and is truly fun to drive with the top down. Engine is willing and car is quick, once on the freeway, more torque is needed for the 2.8.

Ziss car iz Wunderbar!
By Mike-Pt. Townsend WA on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

It took me 2 months to find just the right car, a 98 Black on Black with a remov hardtop & Auto (i know, i know... I did say it was for my wife didn't I? Besides, it has a decent manual shift option) I buy and sell up to 100 cars per month so cars are pretty much a commodity to me. But, this car gets ME excited! Stylish, powerful, agile, and shhhh even affordable, don't tell everyone or the cachet will be lost. 2 mos after handing her the keys, and my wife is still grinning.

BMW Z3 2.8 (6 cyclinder)
By andre on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

This car is a dream come true. I grew up with friends who drove used MG's, Triumph's,Sprite's,and even one 1960 Austin-Healy 3000.I wanted a sports car that didn't need so much attention. I bought a 1998 2.8 Z3 last year. It is the most incredible car I have ever driven.It has more power than I will ever need, and is incredibly agile. And even though there are some "roadster type" cars on the market with more powerful engines, none are anywhere near as beautiful and stylish as the Z3.The Z3 is The Roadster Defined.It's as if those others are just poor imitations.Bottom line,it is so much fun to drive, that I even enjoy driving to work, and I work at the Post Office.

After three years it still turns heads!
By Jan on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.8 2dr Convertible

A great car to show off in - performance or styling. I have the 17 in. wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. It takes 25 mph curves at 55 with no loss of traction. 0 to 60 in 5.1 sec. with the 2.8 liter engine (don't get the 1.9L). Really now, is there a better looking convertible for sale today???