Used 1996 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

1996 BMW Z3

1.9 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (23 reviews )

No put down
By Manny munoz

1996 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

Owning a 1996 for many years, I can't say one bad thing about it. When you buy a car , do your research. Don't buy, then find fault. Edmunds is the place to start and end in my opinion. Honest chatter only. This car, after becoming a sports car fan back in 1966, is a keeper. Owned jaguar 140,1957, porsche 911, spitfire triumph, etc. This car is the true top down , smooth going country backroad car. So was the jag. Ha. I am over six foot, 250 pounds and this can rail the corners. Safely. Retired, there are plenty of sites that can save you money. The 70 dollar oil change is half. I do it for the pleasure. One problem that was that the seat track guides wear out. The easy fix was extending the seat all the way back. No problem, if a six footer. The long hood is classic. 166,000 miles and no noticeable performance change. Friends have same type car with a third of the mileage and they can't tell any difference. This car deserves to be treated right. It will take care of your pleasure driving. Best sports car ever. 1.9 is perfect.

Old fun
By Carlo

It is Not British

Gotta Love this Car
By festivator

1996 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

I love the review that has a long list of problems with this car and then gives it four stars-you have own one these to understand. I find mine to be just like one of my grown kids - you love them dearly and they keep asking for money. When I brought my "new" car to my mechanic of 20 plus years he just smiled and said, "it's gonna cost ya!"

It has been a very long time since I drove a car just for the fun of it. It's my second roadster - the first was a new 69 MGB - and this one is even more fun.

Cruisin with my Z
By joelmatt68

1996 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

I love my Z a Jet black on black. I bought this with 100k miles on it, this is one great car. Great looking car and still runs excellent!!! I have no problems with the top because this year it was manual. BMW is the ultimate driving machine. Just cruisin with it... California way

The body design is great

Great Value
By Steve D

1996 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

After having a Porsche Boxter (loved it), I tried a Mazda Miata and was disappointed. When the opportunity to purchase the Z3 came along I grabbed it. It has been a wonderful car and predictably reliable. The rear alignment has been problematic but besides that a great car.

Great body design. Great handling. Four cylinder perky enough with great gas mileage.

Rear alignment adjustment.