Used 2011 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

It makes sense to me
By goonvii

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I was out shopping today for a car to replace my 2009 Mercedes Benz SL550.

I've driven sports cars all my life. I like the style, the handling, the thrills. I love my SL but I can only drive it 2/3 of the year because I live on the side of a mountain and there is snow. In the summer, I love to take it on road trips, but luggage space is always an issue and my wife hates highway driving in it. "Slow down!" "Don't pass that truck!" "We're too low to the road!" "Blah blah blah". I know you've heard it too.

Every review I read about the X6 whines on about how impractical it is, how it has no purpose, no focus. They just don't get it, do they?
...continued

See below

See below

Absolutely amazing
By killalude

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Before I bought this monster, I did my research for almost 2months. I was at a point to purchase a Porsche Cayenne S but it paid to wait. I am totally amazed by the way it rides and what a comfort it offers over Cayenne. Absolutely there is no comparison between Porsche Cayenne and BMW X6 50i. I have looked into almost all high end car manufactures before I finalize this vehicle. I drove Porsche Cayenne, Acura ZDX, Audi Q7, Mercedes ML, Lexus RX400, and Range Rover HSE Supercharge. This BMW X6 is a truly an ultimate driving machine.

Comfort keyless entry, Side view and or front cameras, heated steering wheel, sport suspension.

Lane change assist.

A Great Decision
By RegularJoe

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Nothing compares. A fantastic driving experience. This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Picked up the BMW i50 X6 and have been totally satisfied. Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S! No comparison this time the BMW IS better than the Porsche (Couldn't say that about my 911 vs M5). You will be happy with your decision if you purchase one of these.

Power, Ride Quality, Stereo, Electronics

A front mounted plasma canon.

Cargasm...
By Rich L.

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S on the BMW 50 X6 and never looked back. Out handles the Porsche! Faster by a smidge 0.2 to 60 and 0.3 to the quarter mile. Turns a corner like a alley cat wearing sneakers! Not as fancy inside as the Porsche, but so much better outside. The Porsche looked like a Murano in the parking lot. Starts out with 400 HP and BMW will update the ECU with 40 extra ponies for $1350.00. what a deal!

Power, handling, ride quality and looks...

Update the interior displays. Install hood mounted plasma cannon to destroy all lesser mortals.

A Big Mistake
By Bob

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My salesman took me for my test ride on a freshly paved highway and secondary road. I was pleased. I didn't realize this cars Achilles heel until driving off the lot (after the sale) onto a less than perfect road. Minor road imperfections hurl the passenger about the cabin like a rag doll, eventually making one seek out the smoothest routes to avoid this very, very unpleasant ride. It appears BMW engineers could only accomplish the X6's marginal increase in performance by completely sacrificing all other driving aspects expected in a luxury vehicle ride, SUV or otherwise. Unless you only drive on freshly paved, perfectly smooth road surfaces, you will likely regret buying this vehicle.

Head turning good looks, acceleration, headlights, brake performance and maintenance warranty.

Modify the suspension to correct the horribly harsh and unruly ride, provide option to run-flat only tires, reexamine the X6's many illogical controls (e.g., two step ignition and complicated cruise control), reduce excessive brake dust and improve the vehicles initial build quality.