2011 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2011 X6 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Amazing Car
By dkresse

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first BMW and won't be my last. Coming from a 2010 GS Vette I went with the twin turbo V-8, must say it is as fun to drive as the vette but can take both of my kids with me now. I also love that you don't see too many of these on the road. If you are looking at this car segment...you must test drive this car. I had a 2011 550XI on order, but took the Hybrid X6 the dealer had on the lot for a drive and was sold on the car.

Favorite Features

V-8 comfortable seats, unique looks and just fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Awesome car
By Noza

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is most rare car in town or city and I hope keep this way for long time. I am from 325is, 325i, M3, 740il and latest, X6. This is most amazing car ever bought compared to previous cars. Don't think as X5 but PURE 4dr Coupe Sports car! I LOVE the Design and that is all I needed it even though I have to give my wife and 2 children everyday. Still getting used to X6.

Favorite Features

Style, Style, Style.... Performance, Performance, Performance, Almost same car as my old M3 but with heights for better view.

Suggested Improvements

Most of it except Style, style, style. Getting into seat without using running board is too high, views are limited, limited space, but compare to M3 coupe, x6 4 drs better for 2 children. They should put rear view camera for standard instead options you have to pay for.

Begs to be Driven
By kb74

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased the 2011 X6, loaded with every option available. This is my first BMW, but won't be the last. The car begs to be driven, and is a blast to drive. The turbo V6 has all the power you'll ever need, especially with the 8 speed transmission. The torque is unreal, but there is slight turbo lag from a dead stop rapid acceleration. The interior is classy, refined, and very comfortable on long drives. Around town in every day driving it gets about 17 mpg. On the high way though, on a recent 250 mile trip we averaged about 26 mpg (not bad for a big vehicle and AWD). The premium sound system is a must have, unbelievable sound.

Favorite Features

Everything, just a total blast to drive. Acceleration, cornering, and phenomenal braking

Suggested Improvements

Brakes that don't generate so much dust. The rims are BLACK within 3 days of a fresh washing.

Incredibly fun
By madmarcus1970

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Been a BMW owner since 1996. These cars keep on getting better and better. I have an X5 4.4 V8 and now the owner of an X6 (still kept the X5). In short having the X6 35idrive (diesel), i can honestly say that i do miss the oomph of the v8, though the gas consumption is way better 10.8 L/100 km. It is economically better, and way cheaper gassing up once every 10 days vs 5 days with the V8. So apart from the get and up and get em, v8 power what do i miss. Nothing, great car, great steering, incredibly great seats, incredibly great car. Few around and the owners are proud. Hard to park though, apart from that highly recommended you will get signs of approval from all. It is a modern marvel.

Favorite Features

Seats seats seats seats, drive and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

more power to the v6 diesel...