2011 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
My snow car is a fun car
By guitar39 on 05/11/11 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had MGs, TR-3, Barracudas, BMW m-coupe, Tesla Roadster Sport -- and none are more fun than the BMW X-6. It rides absolutely flat and smooth (the computer reads and regulates the shocks in microseconds), torque-vectoring kicks the rear end around coming out of a corner, and the performance is exciting. It also gets me home up 2000 feet in five miles, around 42 turns, in 4 inches of snow. It will outdrive any SUV including Porsche. When I ran it in an autocross (nobody autocrosses SUVs) I won my class and came in 26th overall -- on snow tires. Don't believe any of the junk you read about this car. It's brilliant.

It makes sense continued...
By goonvii on 02/05/11 18:56 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

The X6 is a sports car for car enthusiasts who want to drive the car 12 months per year, including snowy months, who need extra room for luggage. Really, fold down those two back seats and you have a two seater with LOADS of space. You have that high seating and massive weight so your wife, bless her soul, isn't going to pee in her pants every time you pass a truck. The car is fast, luxurious and for my needs, eminently practical. The only con is fuel economy. Dave

It makes sense to me
By goonvii on 02/05/11 18:49 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I was out shopping today for a car to replace my 2009 Mercedes Benz SL550. I've driven sports cars all my life. I like the style, the handling, the thrills. I love my SL but I can only drive it 2/3 of the year because I live on the side of a mountain and there is snow. In the summer, I love to take it on road trips, but luggage space is always an issue and my wife hates highway driving in it. "Slow down!" "Don't pass that truck!" "We're too low to the road!" "Blah blah blah". I know you've heard it too. Every review I read about the X6 whines on about how impractical it is, how it has no purpose, no focus. They just don't get it, do they? ...continued

Absolutely amazing
By killalude on 01/20/11 20:30 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Before I bought this monster, I did my research for almost 2months. I was at a point to purchase a Porsche Cayenne S but it paid to wait. I am totally amazed by the way it rides and what a comfort it offers over Cayenne. Absolutely there is no comparison between Porsche Cayenne and BMW X6 50i. I have looked into almost all high end car manufactures before I finalize this vehicle. I drove Porsche Cayenne, Acura ZDX, Audi Q7, Mercedes ML, Lexus RX400, and Range Rover HSE Supercharge. This BMW X6 is a truly an ultimate driving machine.

A Great Decision
By RegularJoe on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Nothing compares. A fantastic driving experience. This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Picked up the BMW i50 X6 and have been totally satisfied. Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S! No comparison this time the BMW IS better than the Porsche (Couldn't say that about my 911 vs M5). You will be happy with your decision if you purchase one of these.

Cargasm...
By Rich L. on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S on the BMW 50 X6 and never looked back. Out handles the Porsche! Faster by a smidge 0.2 to 60 and 0.3 to the quarter mile. Turns a corner like a alley cat wearing sneakers! Not as fancy inside as the Porsche, but so much better outside. The Porsche looked like a Murano in the parking lot. Starts out with 400 HP and BMW will update the ECU with 40 extra ponies for $1350.00. what a deal!

Amazing Car
By dkresse on 08/05/10 05:14 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first BMW and won't be my last. Coming from a 2010 GS Vette I went with the twin turbo V-8, must say it is as fun to drive as the vette but can take both of my kids with me now. I also love that you don't see too many of these on the road. If you are looking at this car segment...you must test drive this car. I had a 2011 550XI on order, but took the Hybrid X6 the dealer had on the lot for a drive and was sold on the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X6 Suv in VA is:

$165 per month*