2011 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
It ain't the "Leave it to Beaver" family car
By brinson on 08/09/11 12:58 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’m 50 y/o, been married some 29 plus years and through the marriage the newest cars has always gone to the wife until now. Arriving at that new family cycle stage when the children have grown up left home and mini-van has out lived it usefulness. Hence the BMW X6 the next generation “MAN TOYS”; three words to describe it; exclusive, powerful, and stylist. The X6 is not a “Leave it to Beaver” family car but for those who are already to accelerate and say wee through the next stage in life. Weekends the wife and I will just on spur of a moment pack a small bag and hit the road and ride, this car is truly a joy to drive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

My snow car is a fun car
By guitar39 on 05/11/11 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had MGs, TR-3, Barracudas, BMW m-coupe, Tesla Roadster Sport -- and none are more fun than the BMW X-6. It rides absolutely flat and smooth (the computer reads and regulates the shocks in microseconds), torque-vectoring kicks the rear end around coming out of a corner, and the performance is exciting. It also gets me home up 2000 feet in five miles, around 42 turns, in 4 inches of snow. It will outdrive any SUV including Porsche. When I ran it in an autocross (nobody autocrosses SUVs) I won my class and came in 26th overall -- on snow tires. Don't believe any of the junk you read about this car. It's brilliant.

Projection of unique characteristic
By carbonproject on 04/11/11 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for just about a year now. 2010 model. I use this car to commute and Everywhere I go get a head turn from other people. You may call me an attention seeker. Yes, I enjoy people's stares on my vehicle. In fact, this car offers differentiation from other car owners. I personally think BMW's attempt of making a SAC was pretty bold move, yet succesful one. This car drives like sports sedan and has high view, offers good horse power and torque, but my favorite is the look. I have to say this car isn't for everyone. This car is for the people who's willing to spend money to differentiate oneself from others.

It makes sense continued...
By goonvii on 02/05/11 18:56 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

The X6 is a sports car for car enthusiasts who want to drive the car 12 months per year, including snowy months, who need extra room for luggage. Really, fold down those two back seats and you have a two seater with LOADS of space. You have that high seating and massive weight so your wife, bless her soul, isn't going to pee in her pants every time you pass a truck. The car is fast, luxurious and for my needs, eminently practical. The only con is fuel economy. Dave

It makes sense to me
By goonvii on 02/05/11 18:49 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I was out shopping today for a car to replace my 2009 Mercedes Benz SL550. I've driven sports cars all my life. I like the style, the handling, the thrills. I love my SL but I can only drive it 2/3 of the year because I live on the side of a mountain and there is snow. In the summer, I love to take it on road trips, but luggage space is always an issue and my wife hates highway driving in it. "Slow down!" "Don't pass that truck!" "We're too low to the road!" "Blah blah blah". I know you've heard it too. Every review I read about the X6 whines on about how impractical it is, how it has no purpose, no focus. They just don't get it, do they? ...continued

Absolutely amazing
By killalude on 01/20/11 20:30 PM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Before I bought this monster, I did my research for almost 2months. I was at a point to purchase a Porsche Cayenne S but it paid to wait. I am totally amazed by the way it rides and what a comfort it offers over Cayenne. Absolutely there is no comparison between Porsche Cayenne and BMW X6 50i. I have looked into almost all high end car manufactures before I finalize this vehicle. I drove Porsche Cayenne, Acura ZDX, Audi Q7, Mercedes ML, Lexus RX400, and Range Rover HSE Supercharge. This BMW X6 is a truly an ultimate driving machine.

A Great Decision
By RegularJoe on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Nothing compares. A fantastic driving experience. This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Picked up the BMW i50 X6 and have been totally satisfied. Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S! No comparison this time the BMW IS better than the Porsche (Couldn't say that about my 911 vs M5). You will be happy with your decision if you purchase one of these.

Cargasm...
By Rich L. on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded in a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S on the BMW 50 X6 and never looked back. Out handles the Porsche! Faster by a smidge 0.2 to 60 and 0.3 to the quarter mile. Turns a corner like a alley cat wearing sneakers! Not as fancy inside as the Porsche, but so much better outside. The Porsche looked like a Murano in the parking lot. Starts out with 400 HP and BMW will update the ECU with 40 extra ponies for $1350.00. what a deal!

A Big Mistake
By Bob on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My salesman took me for my test ride on a freshly paved highway and secondary road. I was pleased. I didn't realize this cars Achilles heel until driving off the lot (after the sale) onto a less than perfect road. Minor road imperfections hurl the passenger about the cabin like a rag doll, eventually making one seek out the smoothest routes to avoid this very, very unpleasant ride. It appears BMW engineers could only accomplish the X6's marginal increase in performance by completely sacrificing all other driving aspects expected in a luxury vehicle ride, SUV or otherwise. Unless you only drive on freshly paved, perfectly smooth road surfaces, you will likely regret buying this vehicle.

Addicting to drive
By pt on 08/23/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had this car for only a couple of weeks and so far I have been having a great experience. I drove the car on several long trips and have enjoyed every mile of it. The car is agile, tight, yet very comfortable to drive. Even though I have the smaller engine there is enough oomph to pass or just have some fun accelerating. The heads up display shows all the turns when the navigation is used so your eyes are glued to the road. Quite a neat feature. Parking is a breeze when you have the camera set at top view. You can see all 4 corners and the tires before it hits the curb. Overall an excellent build car. Kudos to BMW engineers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X6 Suv in VA is:

$162 per month*