2011 BMW X6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
It ain't the "Leave it to Beaver" family car
By brinson on 08/09/11 12:58 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’m 50 y/o, been married some 29 plus years and through the marriage the newest cars has always gone to the wife until now. Arriving at that new family cycle stage when the children have grown up left home and mini-van has out lived it usefulness. Hence the BMW X6 the next generation “MAN TOYS”; three words to describe it; exclusive, powerful, and stylist. The X6 is not a “Leave it to Beaver” family car but for those who are already to accelerate and say wee through the next stage in life. Weekends the wife and I will just on spur of a moment pack a small bag and hit the road and ride, this car is truly a joy to drive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Projection of unique characteristic
By carbonproject on 04/11/11 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for just about a year now. 2010 model. I use this car to commute and Everywhere I go get a head turn from other people. You may call me an attention seeker. Yes, I enjoy people's stares on my vehicle. In fact, this car offers differentiation from other car owners. I personally think BMW's attempt of making a SAC was pretty bold move, yet succesful one. This car drives like sports sedan and has high view, offers good horse power and torque, but my favorite is the look. I have to say this car isn't for everyone. This car is for the people who's willing to spend money to differentiate oneself from others.

A Big Mistake
By Bob on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My salesman took me for my test ride on a freshly paved highway and secondary road. I was pleased. I didn't realize this cars Achilles heel until driving off the lot (after the sale) onto a less than perfect road. Minor road imperfections hurl the passenger about the cabin like a rag doll, eventually making one seek out the smoothest routes to avoid this very, very unpleasant ride. It appears BMW engineers could only accomplish the X6's marginal increase in performance by completely sacrificing all other driving aspects expected in a luxury vehicle ride, SUV or otherwise. Unless you only drive on freshly paved, perfectly smooth road surfaces, you will likely regret buying this vehicle.

Addicting to drive
By pt on 08/23/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had this car for only a couple of weeks and so far I have been having a great experience. I drove the car on several long trips and have enjoyed every mile of it. The car is agile, tight, yet very comfortable to drive. Even though I have the smaller engine there is enough oomph to pass or just have some fun accelerating. The heads up display shows all the turns when the navigation is used so your eyes are glued to the road. Quite a neat feature. Parking is a breeze when you have the camera set at top view. You can see all 4 corners and the tires before it hits the curb. Overall an excellent build car. Kudos to BMW engineers.

Awesome car
By Noza on 07/09/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is most rare car in town or city and I hope keep this way for long time. I am from 325is, 325i, M3, 740il and latest, X6. This is most amazing car ever bought compared to previous cars. Don't think as X5 but PURE 4dr Coupe Sports car! I LOVE the Design and that is all I needed it even though I have to give my wife and 2 children everyday. Still getting used to X6.

Begs to be Driven
By kb74 on 06/28/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased the 2011 X6, loaded with every option available. This is my first BMW, but won't be the last. The car begs to be driven, and is a blast to drive. The turbo V6 has all the power you'll ever need, especially with the 8 speed transmission. The torque is unreal, but there is slight turbo lag from a dead stop rapid acceleration. The interior is classy, refined, and very comfortable on long drives. Around town in every day driving it gets about 17 mpg. On the high way though, on a recent 250 mile trip we averaged about 26 mpg (not bad for a big vehicle and AWD). The premium sound system is a must have, unbelievable sound.

Incredibly fun
By madmarcus1970 on 04/06/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Been a BMW owner since 1996. These cars keep on getting better and better. I have an X5 4.4 V8 and now the owner of an X6 (still kept the X5). In short having the X6 35idrive (diesel), i can honestly say that i do miss the oomph of the v8, though the gas consumption is way better 10.8 L/100 km. It is economically better, and way cheaper gassing up once every 10 days vs 5 days with the V8. So apart from the get and up and get em, v8 power what do i miss. Nothing, great car, great steering, incredibly great seats, incredibly great car. Few around and the owners are proud. Hard to park though, apart from that highly recommended you will get signs of approval from all. It is a modern marvel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X6 in VA is:

$120 per month*