2009 BMW X6 Consumer Review: Early review at 1240 miles

2009 BMW X6 - Consumer Review

Early review at 1240 miles
By Vincento on

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 1240 miles ago. Best handling SUV that I've driven to date. I am 6-2, and having to drive from DC to Richmond VA at least once a week for work makes sedans and other lower riding cars tiring on my legs/back. Thus, was looking for an SUV not for cargo space or off-roading, but for the ride and seat height. With sports package, it is a blast to drive, especially considering its height and weight. It corners better than my '06 TL, though some of it is due to the massive 20" 315 tires on the X6. Suspension is on the firmer side, but supple enough, once again especially for an SUV. Compared against MDX, FX50, FX35, X5, ML550, narrowed down to X5 vs. X6, and picked this.

Favorite Features

Handling, speed, and that BMW trade mark engine note. Logic7 is not the best but still in the top tier. Looks - I, just like all the others passing by, stop in front of the car and smile everyday.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality: driver side vanity mirror light is already out. Navigation: one of the worst nav units I've used, and I've used at least 6 different kinds. Slow and inefficient route selection. Computer: generally quite slow as you navigate through the menus. IPod: interface is analog.