Used 2009 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

Great Whatever it is
By Don

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the X6 - I think it's worth the extra $$ for the V8 - plus residuals are better and the money factors were too. Only wishes would be: 1. Manual transmission Option (Are you listening BMW!!) 2. 5th seat - middle seat in back, and 3. Handles above seats. I know it's supposed to be a "coupe" but c'mon, we need handles. I get more "stares" in this rig than I did in my M6 convertible. It surprisingly also feels faster than that vehicle. Fun car/SUV, whatever it is I love it.

Throaty Twin Turbo V8, Exterior Styling

Manual Transmission, 5th Seat Handlebars for entering/exiting the vehicle

Great Car - Eats Gas
By KCnSprock2

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handles really well and is extremely comfortable, with room for kids, dog and luggage. Great family car with a lot more sport than an SUV, previously had an X5 and this blows the X5 away. Downside is that it eats gas voraciously. Highly recommend for low mileage driver - not an everyday commuter car unless you like supporting the local gas station.

Like the unique look and the fact that I have yet to see another one on the road. Handling is superb.

Need to do something about blind spots and fuel efficiency.

Great All-Around Vehicle
By mking

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months and 2,000 miles I can say that this is the most exciting BMW I have owned. The last two were sedans that drove great. But, didn't have that extra factor that makes a car unique. The X6 has that factor. Incredible road manners, great aspect from all seating positions, incredible comfort and the best build quality in years for BMW.

Road handling and seating is exceptional. Incredible audio system. Back-up camera enhances rearward visibility. Electric tailgate is a great convenience.

X6 3.5i and 5.0i Sport
By CARDEALER

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

As owner of a car dealership I have the advantage of driving everything available in South Africa. So we owned a Q7 and a Range Rover Sport amongst others. We own a 2008 X6 3.5i sport and loved the driving comfort, handling and general driving pleasure so much that I just bought myself a X6 5.0i sport. For me, being a lover of sport cars, this is the real deal. It's like owning a sports car on steroids. We agree out of all cars we enjoy these two cars the most! So, wife drives one and I drive one, because not much else appeals so much. So, no matter what people say about the looks, fuel consumption and so on, go drive the thing and you will be hooked too. Happy driving!

Comfort, handling, high seat position and planted feel on any road surface. The drive is better than anything out there including X5.

Stupid gear lever. Make a 3 seater bench in the back an option for those with kids.

Lovin' it
By Riccio

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wanted to get up higher in traffic for visibility so went looking at crossovers and SUVs. Test drove the X5 and the X6. NO CONTEST. The X6 has sedan like handling characteristics and had better performance. There really IS a difference between the X5's 3.0i and the X6's 3.5i.

Beautiful interior, two tone nevada leather. Love the bluetooth feature, don't know how I got along without it. The Idrive was easy to master and helpful. Smooth and quiet on the road.

Fuel economy of course, but my 18 mpg average probably is because of my heavy right foot - had to set the speed limit warning chime because the X6 drives so smooth it is amazingly easy to be driving VERY fast and not notice!