2009 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
Not a "me too" SUV
By Happy Commuter on 04/23/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wanted to get into an SUV, but not one that looked like all the others. Even the X5 reminds me of a Ford Explorer. The X6 fits the bill in every way. Fun to drive, great to look at, and plenty of room to haul home swap meet and mall purchases.

Real Excitement
By Metin Kaska on 03/22/09 16:51 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I waited for one year to upgrade my car X5 to X6. We drive long distance at the weekends. We had very good time with our X5. But driving a X6 is a Real Excitement. Our car is xDrive 35d which has 6 cylinders-turbo charged diesel engine delivering 293 HP. I drive very comfortable and feeling very secure with this car due to its safety features and control systems. we like its outer design which is different than regular cars. It also has an excellent interior design. Bottom line, it was worth waiting for a year.

What was I thinking?
By Buyer's Remorse on 03/10/09 14:29 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is far too expensive. Acura MDX is half the cost and, although not as fast, a better car. I hope I grow to like it, but right now I can't help but thinking that I could have had more for so much less!!!

Best Lux Crossover Out There
By X6Owner on 03/01/09 16:51 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked up my 2009 X6 35i and am loving it. Lots of people don't understand why this vehicle exists but it has everything I personally look for in an everyday driver. I've got utility when I need it with plenty of cargo room for a weekend ski trip, no kids yet to worry about messing up my nappa leather, physics defying handling for an SUV that must be experienced to be believed, a peppy engine that begs to be put in sport mode and thrashed, BMW quality/service/maintenance, great sound system (cool seeing your ipod tunes integrated into the audio system), the latest technology and something you won't pull up next to 5 of at the local supermarket. I can't wait to drive again in the morn!

In A Class By Itself
By Mark on 01/14/09 17:19 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Of all the xDrive BMWs I've owned or even driven, this one is a sublime blend of sure footed panther and raging bull. Fit and finish is above even BMW standards. It feels like it's hand made on the inside and looks like it was left behind by advanced intelligence from another galaxy. Drove both engine sizes and went with the big one 5.0 V-8. The roar alone justified my decision. The slack-jaw looks it earns from the ignoratii are priceless. Forget about cargo space. This is not for soccer moms. This is for a single individual to get out and have fun quickly. Sport package is a must on this car. So is Technology package. Logic 7 premium sound is a hedge against any conversation. Get 1

Early review at 1240 miles
By Vincento on 01/04/09 14:31 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 1240 miles ago. Best handling SUV that I've driven to date. I am 6-2, and having to drive from DC to Richmond VA at least once a week for work makes sedans and other lower riding cars tiring on my legs/back. Thus, was looking for an SUV not for cargo space or off-roading, but for the ride and seat height. With sports package, it is a blast to drive, especially considering its height and weight. It corners better than my '06 TL, though some of it is due to the massive 20" 315 tires on the X6. Suspension is on the firmer side, but supple enough, once again especially for an SUV. Compared against MDX, FX50, FX35, X5, ML550, narrowed down to X5 vs. X6, and picked this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.