2009 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
Best Bimmer Ever
By doctorevil1 on 02/28/11 19:56 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Have driven many BMWs, Porsches, etc. This is the best combo of sport, fun, function, power, looks, and exclusivity. Practical? I coach baseball and this car handles all my gear. Having had many sport sedans includeing 535, 335, etc, somehow this car handles better and feels more aggressive. Ride is comfy, but torque and turn-in are there when you want some. Cabin is like a 7 series, the environment is truly sublime on a freezing day within about 30 seconds of ignition.

Life Saver
By SalesAgent on 04/26/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2009 BMW X6 last November and drove it all thru the winter season. I put at least 25k miles on a year so comfort was a huge decision-maker when I decided on the X6. No complaints other than expensive tired to replace when you get a nail in one...but they look incredible. This vehicle did save my life as I was hit head on going 45MPH on a state highway. While the vehicle was totaled, it held up tremendously with only a few bumps and bruises from the accident. I will only buy BMW from this date forward. I am currently waiting for a new BMW X6 to arrive.

Great Whatever it is
By Don on 08/25/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the X6 - I think it's worth the extra $$ for the V8 - plus residuals are better and the money factors were too. Only wishes would be: 1. Manual transmission Option (Are you listening BMW!!) 2. 5th seat - middle seat in back, and 3. Handles above seats. I know it's supposed to be a "coupe" but c'mon, we need handles. I get more "stares" in this rig than I did in my M6 convertible. It surprisingly also feels faster than that vehicle. Fun car/SUV, whatever it is I love it.

X6 3.5i and 5.0i Sport
By CARDEALER on 06/26/09 02:30 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

As owner of a car dealership I have the advantage of driving everything available in South Africa. So we owned a Q7 and a Range Rover Sport amongst others. We own a 2008 X6 3.5i sport and loved the driving comfort, handling and general driving pleasure so much that I just bought myself a X6 5.0i sport. For me, being a lover of sport cars, this is the real deal. It's like owning a sports car on steroids. We agree out of all cars we enjoy these two cars the most! So, wife drives one and I drive one, because not much else appeals so much. So, no matter what people say about the looks, fuel consumption and so on, go drive the thing and you will be hooked too. Happy driving!

What was I thinking?
By Buyer's Remorse on 03/10/09 14:29 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is far too expensive. Acura MDX is half the cost and, although not as fast, a better car. I hope I grow to like it, but right now I can't help but thinking that I could have had more for so much less!!!

In A Class By Itself
By Mark on 01/14/09 17:19 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Of all the xDrive BMWs I've owned or even driven, this one is a sublime blend of sure footed panther and raging bull. Fit and finish is above even BMW standards. It feels like it's hand made on the inside and looks like it was left behind by advanced intelligence from another galaxy. Drove both engine sizes and went with the big one 5.0 V-8. The roar alone justified my decision. The slack-jaw looks it earns from the ignoratii are priceless. Forget about cargo space. This is not for soccer moms. This is for a single individual to get out and have fun quickly. Sport package is a must on this car. So is Technology package. Logic 7 premium sound is a hedge against any conversation. Get 1

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.