2009 BMW X6 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
Best car...
By marrokki on 11/03/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. Except that every 4000 miles on the dot the fuel pressure pump dies. Apparently it is a problem with CA gas additives that BMW is still trying to fix on the 3.5L engines. However even with the hassle, most dealers were quick to fix the car and get it back on the road and BMW is standing behind their car to the point of taking it back and replacing it no questions asked. That is why we love BMW.

Awesome Performance... Awesome Looks
By Had to Have the X6! on 09/07/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By Far the BEST BMW I have driven yet... had two X5s and a 328ix. I got Black Sapphire on Black...loaded...The X6 3.5i has lots of power, is good looking (a real head turner), rides like a car, sportiness of a coupe, and utility of an SUV. Quality build, quality ride and a really fun to drive! Get one....it's worth it!

BWM X6 35i
By Joe D, PA on 09/05/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Between my wife and I, we have owned every BMW except a Z and this vehicle is by far the most fun to drive. Love the space and neat style. One friend after seeing it called it the batmobile. Just picked it up yesterday and can't wait to go for a ride today. I can't image how fast the 50i must be.

Great Car - Eats Gas
By KCnSprock2 on 07/29/09 21:30 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handles really well and is extremely comfortable, with room for kids, dog and luggage. Great family car with a lot more sport than an SUV, previously had an X5 and this blows the X5 away. Downside is that it eats gas voraciously. Highly recommend for low mileage driver - not an everyday commuter car unless you like supporting the local gas station.

Great All-Around Vehicle
By mking on 07/29/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months and 2,000 miles I can say that this is the most exciting BMW I have owned. The last two were sedans that drove great. But, didn't have that extra factor that makes a car unique. The X6 has that factor. Incredible road manners, great aspect from all seating positions, incredible comfort and the best build quality in years for BMW.

Lovin' it
By Riccio on 06/08/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wanted to get up higher in traffic for visibility so went looking at crossovers and SUVs. Test drove the X5 and the X6. NO CONTEST. The X6 has sedan like handling characteristics and had better performance. There really IS a difference between the X5's 3.0i and the X6's 3.5i.

Not a "me too" SUV
By Happy Commuter on 04/23/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wanted to get into an SUV, but not one that looked like all the others. Even the X5 reminds me of a Ford Explorer. The X6 fits the bill in every way. Fun to drive, great to look at, and plenty of room to haul home swap meet and mall purchases.

Real Excitement
By Metin Kaska on 03/22/09 16:51 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I waited for one year to upgrade my car X5 to X6. We drive long distance at the weekends. We had very good time with our X5. But driving a X6 is a Real Excitement. Our car is xDrive 35d which has 6 cylinders-turbo charged diesel engine delivering 293 HP. I drive very comfortable and feeling very secure with this car due to its safety features and control systems. we like its outer design which is different than regular cars. It also has an excellent interior design. Bottom line, it was worth waiting for a year.

Best Lux Crossover Out There
By X6Owner on 03/01/09 16:51 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked up my 2009 X6 35i and am loving it. Lots of people don't understand why this vehicle exists but it has everything I personally look for in an everyday driver. I've got utility when I need it with plenty of cargo room for a weekend ski trip, no kids yet to worry about messing up my nappa leather, physics defying handling for an SUV that must be experienced to be believed, a peppy engine that begs to be put in sport mode and thrashed, BMW quality/service/maintenance, great sound system (cool seeing your ipod tunes integrated into the audio system), the latest technology and something you won't pull up next to 5 of at the local supermarket. I can't wait to drive again in the morn!

Early review at 1240 miles
By Vincento on 01/04/09 14:31 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 1240 miles ago. Best handling SUV that I've driven to date. I am 6-2, and having to drive from DC to Richmond VA at least once a week for work makes sedans and other lower riding cars tiring on my legs/back. Thus, was looking for an SUV not for cargo space or off-roading, but for the ride and seat height. With sports package, it is a blast to drive, especially considering its height and weight. It corners better than my '06 TL, though some of it is due to the massive 20" 315 tires on the X6. Suspension is on the firmer side, but supple enough, once again especially for an SUV. Compared against MDX, FX50, FX35, X5, ML550, narrowed down to X5 vs. X6, and picked this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.