Used 2009 BMW X6 xDrive50i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

Best Bimmer Ever
By doctorevil1

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Have driven many BMWs, Porsches, etc. This is the best combo of sport, fun, function, power, looks, and exclusivity. Practical? I coach baseball and this car handles all my gear. Having had many sport sedans includeing 535, 335, etc, somehow this car handles better and feels more aggressive. Ride is comfy, but torque and turn-in are there when you want some. Cabin is like a 7 series, the environment is truly sublime on a freezing day within about 30 seconds of ignition.

Favorite Features

Cameras, power, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Cars like this should meld with my droid for security, warmup, nav, and maintanance issues.

Life Saver
By SalesAgent

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2009 BMW X6 last November and drove it all thru the winter season. I put at least 25k miles on a year so comfort was a huge decision-maker when I decided on the X6. No complaints other than expensive tired to replace when you get a nail in one...but they look incredible. This vehicle did save my life as I was hit head on going 45MPH on a state highway. While the vehicle was totaled, it held up tremendously with only a few bumps and bruises from the accident. I will only buy BMW from this date forward. I am currently waiting for a new BMW X6 to arrive.

Favorite Features

This vehicle turns heads wherever I go...looks incredible, sounds incredible, drives incredible...no complaints. Comfort Seats are a must as well as back-up camera...does have some blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is old technology and could use an overall...maybe some better fuel economy (I average about 14 MPG & its totally worth it).

Great Whatever it is
By Don

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the X6 - I think it's worth the extra $$ for the V8 - plus residuals are better and the money factors were too. Only wishes would be: 1. Manual transmission Option (Are you listening BMW!!) 2. 5th seat - middle seat in back, and 3. Handles above seats. I know it's supposed to be a "coupe" but c'mon, we need handles. I get more "stares" in this rig than I did in my M6 convertible. It surprisingly also feels faster than that vehicle. Fun car/SUV, whatever it is I love it.

Favorite Features

Throaty Twin Turbo V8, Exterior Styling

Suggested Improvements

Manual Transmission, 5th Seat Handlebars for entering/exiting the vehicle

X6 3.5i and 5.0i Sport
By CARDEALER

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

As owner of a car dealership I have the advantage of driving everything available in South Africa. So we owned a Q7 and a Range Rover Sport amongst others. We own a 2008 X6 3.5i sport and loved the driving comfort, handling and general driving pleasure so much that I just bought myself a X6 5.0i sport. For me, being a lover of sport cars, this is the real deal. It's like owning a sports car on steroids. We agree out of all cars we enjoy these two cars the most! So, wife drives one and I drive one, because not much else appeals so much. So, no matter what people say about the looks, fuel consumption and so on, go drive the thing and you will be hooked too. Happy driving!

Favorite Features

Comfort, handling, high seat position and planted feel on any road surface. The drive is better than anything out there including X5.

Suggested Improvements

Stupid gear lever. Make a 3 seater bench in the back an option for those with kids.

What was I thinking?
By Buyer's Remorse

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is far too expensive. Acura MDX is half the cost and, although not as fast, a better car. I hope I grow to like it, but right now I can't help but thinking that I could have had more for so much less!!!

Favorite Features

No question...twin turbo. Excellent acceleration, handling...well, just perfect driving in general.

Suggested Improvements

Frustrating visibility, too many options and/or non-standard equipment, and...most importantly...way too expensive. Loved it at first, but now just see it as a mistake.