Used 2009 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW X6 SUV

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

Best Bimmer Ever
By doctorevil1

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Have driven many BMWs, Porsches, etc. This is the best combo of sport, fun, function, power, looks, and exclusivity. Practical? I coach baseball and this car handles all my gear. Having had many sport sedans includeing 535, 335, etc, somehow this car handles better and feels more aggressive. Ride is comfy, but torque and turn-in are there when you want some. Cabin is like a 7 series, the environment is truly sublime on a freezing day within about 30 seconds of ignition.

Favorite Features

Cameras, power, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Cars like this should meld with my droid for security, warmup, nav, and maintanance issues.

Life Saver
By SalesAgent

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2009 BMW X6 last November and drove it all thru the winter season. I put at least 25k miles on a year so comfort was a huge decision-maker when I decided on the X6. No complaints other than expensive tired to replace when you get a nail in one...but they look incredible. This vehicle did save my life as I was hit head on going 45MPH on a state highway. While the vehicle was totaled, it held up tremendously with only a few bumps and bruises from the accident. I will only buy BMW from this date forward. I am currently waiting for a new BMW X6 to arrive.

Favorite Features

This vehicle turns heads wherever I go...looks incredible, sounds incredible, drives incredible...no complaints. Comfort Seats are a must as well as back-up camera...does have some blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is old technology and could use an overall...maybe some better fuel economy (I average about 14 MPG & its totally worth it).

Best car...
By marrokki

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. Except that every 4000 miles on the dot the fuel pressure pump dies. Apparently it is a problem with CA gas additives that BMW is still trying to fix on the 3.5L engines. However even with the hassle, most dealers were quick to fix the car and get it back on the road and BMW is standing behind their car to the point of taking it back and replacing it no questions asked. That is why we love BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling, Handling, Handling. I have never sat that high and had a car corner at 65 without spilling my coffee. I drove it across country 3 times even in blizzard conditions (I was the only one at night in a 200 mile stretch to drive over snow, everyone stopped).

Suggested Improvements

iDrive is too slow, too complicated.

Awesome Performance... Awesome Looks
By Had to Have the X6!

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By Far the BEST BMW I have driven yet... had two X5s and a 328ix. I got Black Sapphire on Black...loaded...The X6 3.5i has lots of power, is good looking (a real head turner), rides like a car, sportiness of a coupe, and utility of an SUV. Quality build, quality ride and a really fun to drive! Get one....it's worth it!

Favorite Features

Loaded with the Premium Stereo, Blue Tooth with iphone is awesome and clear; shift paddles on the steering wheel; head up display. The seats are very comfortable...get the upgraded multi-contour option...well worth it on a long drive. I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, better visibility out the rear window would good; faster iDrive electronics; bigger hooks in back to hang dry cleaning; Running boards look sharp but they dirty your trousers getting in and out.

BWM X6 35i
By Joe D, PA

2009 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Between my wife and I, we have owned every BMW except a Z and this vehicle is by far the most fun to drive. Love the space and neat style. One friend after seeing it called it the batmobile. Just picked it up yesterday and can't wait to go for a ride today. I can't image how fast the 50i must be.

Favorite Features

Handling and ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Rear camera needs improved clarity.