2009 BMW X6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:
Best Bimmer Ever
By doctorevil1 on 02/28/11 19:56 PM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Have driven many BMWs, Porsches, etc. This is the best combo of sport, fun, function, power, looks, and exclusivity. Practical? I coach baseball and this car handles all my gear. Having had many sport sedans includeing 535, 335, etc, somehow this car handles better and feels more aggressive. Ride is comfy, but torque and turn-in are there when you want some. Cabin is like a 7 series, the environment is truly sublime on a freezing day within about 30 seconds of ignition.

Life Saver
By SalesAgent on 04/26/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2009 BMW X6 last November and drove it all thru the winter season. I put at least 25k miles on a year so comfort was a huge decision-maker when I decided on the X6. No complaints other than expensive tired to replace when you get a nail in one...but they look incredible. This vehicle did save my life as I was hit head on going 45MPH on a state highway. While the vehicle was totaled, it held up tremendously with only a few bumps and bruises from the accident. I will only buy BMW from this date forward. I am currently waiting for a new BMW X6 to arrive.

Best car...
By marrokki on 11/03/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. Except that every 4000 miles on the dot the fuel pressure pump dies. Apparently it is a problem with CA gas additives that BMW is still trying to fix on the 3.5L engines. However even with the hassle, most dealers were quick to fix the car and get it back on the road and BMW is standing behind their car to the point of taking it back and replacing it no questions asked. That is why we love BMW.

Awesome Performance... Awesome Looks
By Had to Have the X6! on 09/07/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By Far the BEST BMW I have driven yet... had two X5s and a 328ix. I got Black Sapphire on Black...loaded...The X6 3.5i has lots of power, is good looking (a real head turner), rides like a car, sportiness of a coupe, and utility of an SUV. Quality build, quality ride and a really fun to drive! Get one....it's worth it!

BWM X6 35i
By Joe D, PA on 09/05/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Between my wife and I, we have owned every BMW except a Z and this vehicle is by far the most fun to drive. Love the space and neat style. One friend after seeing it called it the batmobile. Just picked it up yesterday and can't wait to go for a ride today. I can't image how fast the 50i must be.

Great Whatever it is
By Don on 08/25/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the X6 - I think it's worth the extra $$ for the V8 - plus residuals are better and the money factors were too. Only wishes would be: 1. Manual transmission Option (Are you listening BMW!!) 2. 5th seat - middle seat in back, and 3. Handles above seats. I know it's supposed to be a "coupe" but c'mon, we need handles. I get more "stares" in this rig than I did in my M6 convertible. It surprisingly also feels faster than that vehicle. Fun car/SUV, whatever it is I love it.

Great Car - Eats Gas
By KCnSprock2 on 07/29/09 21:30 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handles really well and is extremely comfortable, with room for kids, dog and luggage. Great family car with a lot more sport than an SUV, previously had an X5 and this blows the X5 away. Downside is that it eats gas voraciously. Highly recommend for low mileage driver - not an everyday commuter car unless you like supporting the local gas station.

Great All-Around Vehicle
By mking on 07/29/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months and 2,000 miles I can say that this is the most exciting BMW I have owned. The last two were sedans that drove great. But, didn't have that extra factor that makes a car unique. The X6 has that factor. Incredible road manners, great aspect from all seating positions, incredible comfort and the best build quality in years for BMW.

X6 3.5i and 5.0i Sport
By CARDEALER on 06/26/09 02:30 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

As owner of a car dealership I have the advantage of driving everything available in South Africa. So we owned a Q7 and a Range Rover Sport amongst others. We own a 2008 X6 3.5i sport and loved the driving comfort, handling and general driving pleasure so much that I just bought myself a X6 5.0i sport. For me, being a lover of sport cars, this is the real deal. It's like owning a sports car on steroids. We agree out of all cars we enjoy these two cars the most! So, wife drives one and I drive one, because not much else appeals so much. So, no matter what people say about the looks, fuel consumption and so on, go drive the thing and you will be hooked too. Happy driving!

Lovin' it
By Riccio on 06/08/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wanted to get up higher in traffic for visibility so went looking at crossovers and SUVs. Test drove the X5 and the X6. NO CONTEST. The X6 has sedan like handling characteristics and had better performance. There really IS a difference between the X5's 3.0i and the X6's 3.5i.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.