2008 BMW X6 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - More fun, better looking than

2008 BMW X6 - Consumer Review

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

More fun, better looking than the X5
By DCAreaBMWowner on

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very happy with the X6 after almost 2 months. I love the handling with the sport package; much improved over my 2007 X5 4.4i. No reliability problems yet. Definitely a head turner and I enjoy the convenience of an SUV without the boxy SUV reputation. The turbo six performs as well as the V-8 in the 4.8i X5, but gets significantly better gas mileage. I didn't want to wait a few months for availability of the turbo V-8, but at current gas prices, the turbo six is an adequate choice. You just have to push it a little harder.

Favorite Features

Styling, quiet and comfortable interior, handles more like a sport sedan than the X5, which is already pretty good. Comfort seats are worth the cost. Ventilated, active seats are not worth the money.

Suggested Improvements

Back up camera is a waste of money (it should be de-coupled from the technology package). The sloping rear roof looks good from the outside, but creates a small, dark rear window.