Love the Ride
By GOOGL on
2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Gotta say, I was thinking of an AWD vehicle after living in Illinois and having a 550i that was fun to drive in the summer, but in Chicago winters a bear to control. I was in the market for AWD w/o the boxy look. I walked into the showroom and they were unloading it from the semi-trailer. I fell in love with the shape and the wide stance. I can also say it chews up the curves and has been a definite attention getter. To becoming almost an annoyance. I feel like a rock star when I'm behind the wheel. The ride height is perfect and the handling is superb. Needs a little more pep in the 6 cylinder.
Favorite Features
High technology package, comfort access, styling. Sport Package with 150 mph speed limiter. 20" wheels. Even the fog lights alternate illumination when turning into a curve. The 6 disc DVD changer. Real time traffic navigation is a real Godsend.
Suggested Improvements
The new iDrive in the upcoming 2009 BMW 7 series would have been a nice touch. Fix the Google maps feature, mine does not work in mine for some reason, even though it clearly is advertised as available. Quicker backup camera start. A traditional shift lever, not a fan of this Atari joystick.