Used 2008 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

A Definite Head Turner
By George Bustilloz

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd BMW, but my first new BMW and will not be my last. I have never been in a vehicle that has turned more heads and make even other luxury car owners smile and give me the "Big Thumbs Up!" The Interior is nice and roomy, the controls are logically laid out, and the car is just a dream to drive.

The iDrive is a hit with me and any passenger, I like the way my iPod and Smart phone seamlessly integrates into the system. The sound from the speakers is excellent. The Power and the spontaneous acceleration is is a treat, the handling around corners makes this car so fun to drive.

The sloped rear end while very attractive does cause blind spots, so more care is required when changing lanes. The DVD system for the navigation is a bit loud, and should be corrected on future year models. There is no pause button for the iPod while its attached to the system.

Love the Ride
By GOOGL

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Gotta say, I was thinking of an AWD vehicle after living in Illinois and having a 550i that was fun to drive in the summer, but in Chicago winters a bear to control. I was in the market for AWD w/o the boxy look. I walked into the showroom and they were unloading it from the semi-trailer. I fell in love with the shape and the wide stance. I can also say it chews up the curves and has been a definite attention getter. To becoming almost an annoyance. I feel like a rock star when I'm behind the wheel. The ride height is perfect and the handling is superb. Needs a little more pep in the 6 cylinder.

High technology package, comfort access, styling. Sport Package with 150 mph speed limiter. 20" wheels. Even the fog lights alternate illumination when turning into a curve. The 6 disc DVD changer. Real time traffic navigation is a real Godsend.

The new iDrive in the upcoming 2009 BMW 7 series would have been a nice touch. Fix the Google maps feature, mine does not work in mine for some reason, even though it clearly is advertised as available. Quicker backup camera start. A traditional shift lever, not a fan of this Atari joystick.

SUV on steriods!
By PaulCKim74

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

BMW's first SUV that drives like a sports car. Despite the sacrifice of the utility aspect, the SAV is a heavy, well build automobile with sufficient twin turbo engine, and impressive handling, performance and spacious comfort for four. There are numerous high-tech gadgets and functions in the car to entertain you and make you feel real good. The drawbacks: no utility/no space, gas-guzzler even for the V6, pricey when equipped fully, the navigation dvd processor is too noisy, and finally the design attracts too much attention. If you can afford one go for it. I'm enjoying mine.

High technology. Handling. Styling. Comfort.

Noisy navigation. Spaced like a sedan. Too much gas. Where the hell are the 20 inch all weather tires for these bad boys?!

Update: Just what I wanted
By Marc(VT)

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in error when I submitted my original review. The X6 does have the TPM standard, I just was not used to the IDrive and the TPM function is "greyed out" (not accessible) when the car is off. I was playing with all the settings without the car running so that's why it did not show up. I did have a computer glitch, warning me that the AWD and DSC, DBS and startoff assist had malfunctioned. Problem was a $20 brake relay swith that was sending a wrong signal. Dealership fixed it and everthing has been fine since. Still love the car and a definite head turner!

Still design and handling. It's so much fun to drive!

Door sills strips with BMW logo should be standard. There are no handles above the doors to help people get it and out.

Just what I wanted!
By Marc (VT)

2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had 3 X5s and used to drive sports cars prior to that. As much as I loved the X5, I still missed the "coupe" look and feel. And then the X6 came along. Exactly what I wanted. I still cannot wipe that smile off my face every time I look at it or get behind the wheel. What a car, the engine is fantastic, the handling superb and I just can't rave enough about the outside look. I have not been this excited about a car since my 1993 Acura Legend coupe with 6 speed manual transmission. I ordered mine to have exactly what I wanted and the 3 weeks it took before I got the car seemed like and eternity!

Design, "fusion of the X5 and the coupe", handling, performance.

I was surprised that the car does not have TPM (tire pressure monitor) standard. We also have a 330xi and my old X5 had it. No big deal, but surprising.