Used 2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

Awesome for Foursome
By 50nesto

2008 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Got every available option on my X6, and I am loving it! Don't confuse this car with an SUV; it is a Sports Activity Coupe with room for any foursome (golf, tennis, skiing, or dating)and all the accompanying equipment (clubs, rackets, skis, and luggage). My grandson can even watch movies in the back seat! Just got mine back from BMW Collision after rear ending a Cadillac sedan. Awesome collision safety behavior from the car with only frontal damage while the Cadillac regretfully was demolished. The repair by BMW looks amazing!

Favorite Features

No braking for turns with the x-drive! Smart technology throughout as usual from BMW. Head-turner. Great acceleration and quiet high speed ride.

Suggested Improvements

None yet.

BMW X6 X-cellent
By Greg

2008 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned the Range Rover Supersport supercharged and Audi q7, I can say that this car exceeds all of these on every front for driving pleasure and fun without giving ground, except for serious off roading. The twin turbo is very responsive and returns good mileage. Handling is incredible for a car of this type. Space is very good at 6'4" no problem in finding a very comfortable seating position, even the back seats are good for a 6' person. Overall very solid just what you expect.

Favorite Features

The HUD (heads up display) is not only cool but keeps your eyes where they need to be, handling, styling and did I say styling.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera needs to engage quicker, bigger sunroof, grab handles above doors

BMW X6 a Hit !
By Mr. Bigg

2008 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

A great look and glad we bought instead of Infiniti FX35, which is likely a good car. Outside lines turn heads, interior is comfortable. Can go to the snow. Hwy mileage is 22+, around town is low 15. Very fast for 6 cyl. Very solid. We own 06 Denali, so don't expect it to tow, haul huge loads, etc. We are new empty nesters and this car fits our needs very well and better for us than X 5. Rear view has not been a problem for us. took couple in back seats and they said they were comfortable. Great car!

Favorite Features

Navigation with suggested alternative routes around accidents very handy. Slap shifter and manual shift options are fun to use. Very solid feel and good weight is evident. Car is not small for sure which I like actually.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be better. But hwy mileage seems good at 22 and we have only 3,000 miles on it. Maybe have a few for sale on lots would be nice? XM radio N/A but with Sirius merger maybe not a problem. Less complicated navigation and controls ala my Denali would be nice, but not very German I suppose!

Flashy headache
By MrObjective

2008 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Sure, it gets attention, but I wish more attention had been given to practical design. It's nearly impossible to see out of the rear window making reverse a dangerous exercise. The rear view camera display states to "never rely solely on camera" when that's exactly what the driver must do. Side vision is also hampered by the steep drop off of the front fenders--the driver can't tell see the outboard edge of the car. The liftgate has two opening heights, but getting past the low one is fiddly at best, making loading anything back there a long reach into a shallow slit opening. Super- expensive tires. People will look at you, alright, but I'd rather the car be more user friendly.

Favorite Features

Good seats. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Frankly, get over the Hot Wheels styling. save money and buy the much more usable X5.

A Definite Head Turner
By George Bustilloz

2008 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd BMW, but my first new BMW and will not be my last. I have never been in a vehicle that has turned more heads and make even other luxury car owners smile and give me the "Big Thumbs Up!" The Interior is nice and roomy, the controls are logically laid out, and the car is just a dream to drive.

Favorite Features

The iDrive is a hit with me and any passenger, I like the way my iPod and Smart phone seamlessly integrates into the system. The sound from the speakers is excellent. The Power and the spontaneous acceleration is is a treat, the handling around corners makes this car so fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The sloped rear end while very attractive does cause blind spots, so more care is required when changing lanes. The DVD system for the navigation is a bit loud, and should be corrected on future year models. There is no pause button for the iPod while its attached to the system.