2013 BMW X5 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - BMW Assist - Waste of

2013 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

xDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

BMW Assist - Waste of money
By milkcan on

2013 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The engine of the X5 with ~4000 miles died while on the highway. When I pulled over the car smelled like a burning electrical fire. I called BMW/Assist - Wow the worst service over. It took numerous call, two tow trucks, and 4.5 hours to get home. You will get A+ service from GM/OnStar or Ford MySync, or AAA. BMW roadside was a joke. They screwed up just about every aspect of my SOS call. Stay away from BMW Assist. You will not be happy at all. Free for 4 years means nothing if they can't help.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, when it actually works.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car that doesn't die while driving on the left lane, on a three lane highway. If you can't build a reliable car, then have a roadside service department that can actually service you in a real emergency. When looked at the email to complain, the email address ended in 'allstate.com'!!! Really? What does an insurance company know about roadside assistance. It's not in their DNA. Also, when you push the SOS button in the car the people on the other end should know who you are. I had to spell my name, phone #, and the last four digits of my VIN. Really? Who the hell knows that in an emergency. Grade F.